Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

System Volume Information

Options

My Bitdefender Total Security 2008 found number of affected files in System Volume Information and can not take any action. I turned off System Restore and tried again but without success. I can't access this folder at all. Any ideas how to get rid from these malware there?

Comments

• piece
    Options
    My Bitdefender Total Security 2008 found number of affected files in System Volume Information and can not take any action. I turned off System Restore and tried again but without success. I can't access this folder at all. Any ideas how to get rid from these malware there?

You can't access that folder. And Bitdefender can't delete from there too...

The only thing you can do is to disable that system restore ... by checking that check box -> apply and then ok

after this ... i'm sure you'll have no problems with that System Volume Information detections

• BD 2008 scan hangs on C:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase, can't find this with search on c: drive, deleted system restore,but still hangs on scan. Tnx

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    Options
    BD 2008 scan hangs on C:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase, can't find this with search on c: drive, deleted system restore,but still hangs on scan. Tnx

I solved a similar issues after using similar procedures described by Cris but i done them all in Safe Mode.

I turned off totally the System Restore in a normal Windows XP session on all drives,i Disabled the System Restore Service in Services(by default its on Automatic).You access the services tru Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services.

After this restart in safe mode and use the "ownage method" discribed by Cris, but delete all "System Volume Information" folders on all drives.This is what i did and worked for me.The folders deleted will be recreated even if system restore is disabled so dont worry.

I encountered this after updating to SP 3 with System Restore turned off and this may have been broken those files in System Restore Folder.

• I solved a similar issues after using similar procedures described by Cris but i done them all in Safe Mode.

I turned off totally the System Restore in a normal Windows XP session on all drives,i Disabled the System Restore Service in Services(by default its on Automatic).You access the services tru Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services.

After this restart in safe mode and use the "ownage method" discribed by Cris, but delete all "System Volume Information" folders on all drives.This is what i did and worked for me.The folders deleted will be recreated even if system restore is disabled so dont worry.

I encountered this after updating to SP 3 with System Restore turned off and this may have been broken those files in System Restore Folder.

Tnx for reply, will try it.