Bitdefender 2016 Official Launch Schduled For Septermber 10th & Hooray For Me

Congrats and thanks! .

Your feedback has left a mark during the Bitdefender Beta 2016 program. We've used your observations to put the finishing touches on Bitdefender 2016 and we are preparing to launch it officially.

Here is your new Bitdefender Total Security Multi-Device 2016 activation code: xxxxxxxx

You will be able to download the new product from the link below, after the official launch on 10th of September 2015: central.bitdefender.com.

https://connect.bitdefender.com/pub/cc?_ri_...VDCCpql1Q569Kb0.

Comments

• Well done!

I got one of those emails and codes as well. :P I have 369 days left on my current TS license but as the two will probably not merge I am a bit unsure what to do.

Ro.

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited September 2015
    Well done!

I got one of those emails and codes as well. :P I have 369 days left on my current TS license but as the two will probably not merge I am a bit unsure what to do.

Ro.

I also am unsure what to do. So I am waiting until after I update BDTS 2015 to BDTS 2016. Hopefully it will be a simple restart of Windows that will do the trick.

Then I will call Bitdefender Support and ask them what to do to get the additional 365 days added to my BDTS license. My situation is a bit different as I do not have the regular BDTS license for three computers nor do I have the BDTS multi-device license for five computers. I have a cobbled together license for four computers that Bitdefender gave me by combining by former licenses for BDIS and BD W8 Security since BD W8 Security as we know is not supported on Windows 10. They added days and reduced my total license count from six (3 each for BDIS and BDW8 Security) to four after I told them I would be using BDTS on only four computers. In any case I have only 262 days leftsmile.gif.

• I asked about the license and received this reply from support -

[/size]

Thank you for your message.

We kindly inform you that the code received cannot be modified and neither merged with other subscriptions therefore we recommend you to take advantage of the subscription received and renew at the expiration date.

It looks as if I may have to sit tight on the BD MD until my present license expires.
    :(

Ro.

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited September 2015
    I asked about the license and received this reply from support -

[/size] It looks as if I may have to sit tight on the BD MD until my present license expires. :(

Ro.

Thanks for the reply

Did you phone them?

You bring up an interesiting point about waiting until your current license expires. As long as the clock does not begin ticking on the BDMD license until you activate it then that would work unless the activation code is only good for BDMD 2016 and would not carry over to BDMD 2017. I think the activation questions need to be checked with Btidefender Support

• Hi,

No, I used email to support. I assumed as they said to "renew at the expiration date" there is not a time limit set on the license for activation.

With the 2015 beta I got a 12 month license but as it was the same one they just added it to my existing.

Ro.

• Hi,

No, I used email to support. I assumed as they said to "renew at the expiration date" there is not a time limit set on the license for activation.

With the 2015 beta I got a 12 month license but as it was the same one they just added it to my existing.

Ro.

I will call them after I update to 2016. Sometimes you get more from talking than using an email.

Anyway I sitll have those two questions unanswered so we shall see what happens. :)