[FIXED] Windows restart instead of Shut Down with Bitdefender 2016

2»

Comments

• I have 1037

post-191980-1442060361_thumb.png

• I did an update from within Bitdefender and that solved the shut down issue. The version number was still 1035 though.

Just for the fun of it, I uninstalled and downloaded from central.bitdefender.com again, the version number is now 1037.

• I did an update from within Bitdefender and that solved the shut down issue. The version number was still 1035 though.

Just for the fun of it, I uninstalled and downloaded from central.bitdefender.com again, the version number is now 1037.

I am uninstalled Bitdefender, Now cannot install Bitdefender. It show me are downloading but when download completed then does not show/run the install/setup page. Please let me know, How to get fixing this issue?

• Hi,

I download from here - http://www.bitdefender.com/Downloads/ and then add the license/subscription details afterwards. That then activates BD Central.

Ro.

• LaurelValley
    LaurelValley ✭✭✭
    edited September 2015

I am on BDIS 20.0.18.1035 and, after running a manual update from the dashboard and doing a restart, my version remained the same, the shutdown problem was fixed, and everything is running okay now.

Every new version of every software product has some issues to be worked out. After installing BDIS 2016 two days ago, my PC wouldn't shutdown. That was an inconvenience, not a problem. The problem would have been if I couldn't get my PC to boot up after the installation. Within one day of the new release, BD personnel, with the great assistance of BD users on this forum, identified there was an issue. Within two days of the new release, BD fixed the problem. I consider that a very good response.

Bitdefender is a great product that I trust to keep my PC safe. I thank the BD staff for their services.

• Well thats weird

Some have 1036 while others have 1037

The Shutdown problem is fixed after the update and restart but the version remains the same.......20.0.18.1035 BDTS 2016 x64 English version

post-39962-1442068301_thumb.png

I am on BDIS 20.0.18.1035 and, after running a manual update from the dashboard and doing a restart, my version remained the same, the shutdown problem was fixed, and everything is running okay now.

Every new version of every software product has some issues to be worked out. After installing BDIS 2016 two days ago, my PC wouldn't shutdown. That was an inconvenience, not a problem. The problem would have been if I couldn't get my PC to boot up after the installation. Within one day of the new release, BD personnel, with the great assistance of BD users on this forum, identified there was an issue. Within two days of the new release, BD fixed the problem. I consider that a very good response.

Bitdefender is a great product that I trust to keep my PC safe. I thank the BD staff for their services.

Thats a very Positive feedback.....It can't get ay better than this....Thank You and Thanks to Bitdefender :)

• Well thats weird

Some have 1036 while others have 1037

It is worthy of note that both DrGjerdesmett and myself have 1037 as a result of a new install, those who updated have 1035.

Ro.

• It is worthy of note that both DrGjerdesmett and myself have 1037 as a result of a new install, those who updated have 1035.

Ro.

I also have 1037 with a new install. However it has this issue.....

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry235862

• i too am on 1035

i have tried to update using the gui and via right clicking on the tray.

in fact, under events it did ask me to restart my pc- and i clicked in there iself to restart.

am till at 1035. no amount of update chks have helped since then. and finally, yes i have the english language itself.

• i too am on 1035

i have tried to update using the gui and via right clicking on the tray.

in fact, under events it did ask me to restart my pc- and i clicked in there iself to restart.

am still on 1035. no amount of update chks have helped since then. and finally, yes i have the english language itself.

• It doesn't matter so much what build you have, 35, 36, or 37. The question is whether or not your computer shuts down properly now.

• I wonder why wouldn't the version change? Its easy to say it doesn't matter.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Bitdefender from Central. Its updated to 1037 now.

• No! As I said I downloaded it from the link provided into the forum (german version: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=55100).

BD2016 has more issues then the buggy restart. It always switched autopilot on after i switched it off, the adapter settings resetted from Trusted to Home and therefore blocked W10 apps from syncing, and so on....

Back to 2015 to the end of my subscription.

• Another issue. Tried to remove 2016 with the Uninstall tool. BD Agent remains on the system, is still active and tries to reinstall 2016.

Tried to add remove BD Agent from control panel. Can't be done since it says that BD TS 2016 is still installed (but is no longer listed in the control panel since i ran the Uninstall Tool).

Have to roll back Windows before BD2016 installation.

• Another issue. Tried to remove 2016 with the Uninstall tool. BD Agent remains on the system, is still active and tries to reinstall 2016.

Hi,

I had that problem with the beta, running the uninstall tool in Windows safe mode removed the BD Agent.

Ro.

• Hi,

I had that problem with the beta, running the uninstall tool in Windows safe mode removed the BD Agent.

Ro.

@GEK_the_Reaper, @Rohugh Please open a separate thread for this subject. Thank you for your understanding.

To our knowledge, the bug reported on this topic affects only Windows 10 systems. Also, as a workaround choose Sleep instead of Shut Down. We will provide updates as they come from our developers.

Thank you for your patience.

• Someone has a problem with a reboot? Why when I reboot, the system requires me to enter my login and password? The same problem was before - when I turn off the computer is rebooted instead (the same username and password required). This problem was fixed a few days ago but the same thing is happening now with the reboot!

• Hello,

The fix for the issue reported in this topic was released via Bitdefender update. Please update your Bitdefender 2016, then restart Windows and check to see if Windows can shut down properly now.

• Hello,

The fix for the issue reported in this topic was released via Bitdefender update. Please update your Bitdefender 2016, then restart Windows and check to see if Windows can shut down properly now.

Computer shuts down good, but when I RESTART, the system asks for a username and password from the account of Microsoft - the same as it was before, but when turned off the PC.
  • Hi,

Have you turned off the sign-in options? Settings/Accounts/Sign-in options -

post-175392-1442229430_thumb.jpg

• Hi,

Have you turned off the sign-in options? Settings/Accounts/Sign-in options -

Yes! This problem appears after BIS 16 installing. I don't have such a problem with BIS 15 by the way...You know, I think that this problem is the same reason why users can not turn off their computers before.

• Georgia, first of all, thanks for even reading these posts, I have opened a new thread for the Remowal Tool (still not fixed by the way).

Can I ask you a reasonable question though? How come that you launch a product that is compatible with W10 and EVERY W10 user encounters the same shut down issue? Have you guys even tested this piece of SW before launch? I mean, yeah every product has some bugs but no one ever noticed that he can't shut down his computer?

This is the first time that BD has had such a bad launch. I'm sorry to say but for a SW that has the mean to protect you in every aspect of the digital life, BD 2016 has left me with a BIG question mark.

Regards,

Gerald