[implemented] How To Delete Device/subscription

I have a simple question: How can I Delete my Devices or/and Subscriptions in Central? Thx.

Comments

• jitzy
    jitzy ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    I have a simple question: How can I Delete my Devices or/and Subscriptions in Central? Thx.

You can't as far as I know ....Im hoping Bitdefender is working on it

• @Hellblazer This functionality is not implemented yet in Bitdefender Central. It will be available in a future update of the online platform.

If you wish to install Bitdefender on another device, simply uninstall the program and the Agent from a current device in your list. The old device will remain grayed out in Central, without affecting the number of installations left.

• @Hellblazer This functionality is not implemented yet in Bitdefender Central. It will be available in a future update of the online platform.

If you wish to install Bitdefender on another device, simply uninstall the program and the Agent from a current device in your list. The old device will remain grayed out in Central, without affecting the number of installations left.

ok, thx

• robinb
    edited October 2015
    ok, thx

BUT be aware that if you cannot access one of your devices (my desktop crashed and had to be rebuilt) then you are totally up s...t creek.

Support say that they are addressing the issue, plus (after I asked) they added an extra temporary device to my subscription to cover me until the matter was rectified. BUT in trying to achieve this, they actually deleted all my subscriptions so I am now left with NO licences!

Not a pretty sight!

Sorry, update, I see that I am supposed to refer to a ticket. It is 2015100809290001. Also 2015100801070001 but I think that Bitdefender killed that one and then generated the first one.

• You can't as far as I know ....Im hoping Bitdefender is working on it

Yes I noticed there is no option to remove/deactivate devices in Bitdefender Central. I consider this a serious flaw. How am I supposed to be to add new devices if I Max out my 5 user license? I will be getting 2 new computers soon and I want to replace the old PCs that are listed there with the new computers. Also, what is the Bitdefender agent and how do I get rid of that when I uninstall Bitdefender from the old computers?

How do you uninstall the agent when you uninstall Bitdefender? I looked through the Bitdefender folder and see nothing that refers to agent. I consider this a serious flaw that you folks left out a remove option to remove devices from bitdefender central. Even Norton has that option and the sad thing is I just paid 100 dollars to Bitdefender. Now it looks like I will have to go back to Norton unless this option is resolved.

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited October 2015

Hiya,

Remove the Bitdefender Agent by the standard uninstall in Windows Control Panel. If it is not letting you do that you will have to firstly uninstall Bitdefender in Windows Safe mode using the BD Uninstall program, then uninstall the Bitdefender Agent (in Control Panel>Programs and Features).

Yes they are working on allowing for deletion from BD Central but once you in-install BD from one of your old computer you will be able to re-install on a new device, Bitdefender servers will detect how many active subscriptions you have.

Ro.

• Hiya,

Remove the Bitdefender Agent by the standard uninstall in Windows Control Panel. If it is not letting you do that you will have to firstly uninstall Bitdefender in Windows Safe mode using the BD Uninstall program, then uninstall the Bitdefender Agent (in Control Panel>Programs and Features).

Yes they are working on allowing for deletion from BD Central but once you in-install BD from one of your old computer you will be able to re-install on a new device, Bitdefender servers will detect how many active subscriptions you have.

Ro.

Well, I uninstalled bitdefender from two of the mobile devices in my list and when I went back to look at the list, it still showed my phone and tablet as still active. They were not greyed out. How do I resolve this issue?

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello all,

The online platform Bitdefender Central allows deleting devices from My Devices section starting with October 28th.

You can access https://central.bitdefender.com/devices then press the 3 vertical dots next to the device you want to remove from Central and choose 'Delete' as shown below.

Since the inquiry raised in this topic is now implemented, we are closing this topic.

post-34114-1446105743_thumb.jpg

This discussion has been closed.