Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Rules Backup

Hi,

These last days I have had some problems with BIS 2015 and finally I purchased BIS 2016.

Each time that I have had to re-install BIS 2015 the added rules to the firewall section were lost, and of course is a "dirty job" to enter the rules one y one again. Now BIS 2016 is correctly working, but I was wondering if there's any way to "backup" the firewall rules in order to restore this data in case that Bitdefender needs to be reapired or re-installed.

Thank you!

Comments

• Nobody knows it or isn't possible to do this?

I'm still waiting for a solution about how to export the created Firewall rules that allows to restore the rules in case of a new Bitdefender 2016 install..

• I'm still waiting for a solution about how to export the created Firewall rules that allows to restore the rules in case of a new Bitdefender 2016 install..

It's impossible unfortunatelly...

• I'm still waiting for a solution about how to export the created Firewall rules that allows to restore the rules in case of a new Bitdefender 2016 install..

You could try this

Open Windows Explorer

Go to Program Files------>Bitdefender----------->Bitdefender 2016--------->Settings------->Firewall. Copy the 'rules.xml' file to some safe location. After reinstalling Bitdefender copy the old rules file over the new file.

Note I have never tried this and have no idea what the result will be. I also don't know if it is an all (all *.xml files) in the that location or just the 'rules.xml' file that will work.

If you do try it please post back and let us know what happened. Thanks.

XML File

• You could try this

Open Windows Explorer

Go to Program Files------>Bitdefender----------->Bitdefender 2016--------->Settings------->Firewall. Copy the 'rules.xml' file to some safe location. After reinstalling Bitdefender copy the old rules file over the new file.

Note I have never tried this and have no idea what the result will be. I also don't know if it is an all (all *.xml files) in the that location or just the 'rules.xml' file that will work.

If you do try it please post back and let us know what happened. Thanks.

XML File

Thank you for your suggestion, it seems to be useful if works. Next time I'll need to do a Bitdefender re-install I'll try and post the results.

• Made an account to thank user "Nesivos".

Have hundreds of "Deny" firewall rules (for reasons I can't discuss here xD ) and updated from BD 2016 to 2017 without knowing that settings won't be kept.

By going to Program Files/Bitdefender/Bitdefender 2016/Settings/Firewall on a PC backup I did few days back, I was able to copy the rules.xml file which I pasted to the new 2017 folder replacing the one that was there. Bitdefender immediately imported those rules!

Pasting the file to the new location was tricky though: BD has restrictions in editing its files and no matter what changes i was doing in Windows Permissions I wasn't able to place the rules file there. What I did was create an Ubuntu live cd (usb actually) and by booting on it I was able to replace the rules.xml file without permission issues.

Thank you once again "Nesivos"!