Vulnerability Scan Keeps Saying My Java Is Needs Up Dating, But It Doesn't?

Hi, when i run the vulnerability scan it keeps telling me oracle jre 8 is a risk and theres a new version out, i went to the link it gave me and i installed to update, when i run the java version checker on their site it says congrats you have the lastest version but BD keeps still saying mines a vulnerability and a new version is out to download?

Bit confused lol

James

Comments

• anyone? its still telling me i have this vunrelability, it keeps saying i should install java 8 update 65 but i have instaled it loads of times to try and get rid of this message.

• anyone? its still telling me i have this vunrelability, it keeps saying i should install java 8 update 65 but i have instaled it loads of times to try and get rid of this message.

It might be looking for 8u66

Java SE 8u65 includes important security fixes. Oracle strongly recommends that all Java SE 8 users upgrade to this release. Java SE 8u66 is a patch-set update, including all of 8u65 plus additional features (described in the release notes).

link

• It might be looking for 8u66

link

thank you, thats really odd, the link from the BD vulnerability page links me to the java.com page which shows that u65 is the latest and when i run a check from the java site it says congrats you have the latest

the link you gave was from the oracle website which does show the u66 file and i have installed that and BD is no longer saying i need to update it.

is BD just linking to the wrong page?

• Can anyone tell me should i be installing java only from the oracle site then and not the java site?

This has happened again after sorting it last time, it has said there is another update but BD still directs me to the java.com site but the update is only on the oracle site.

is java from both sites the same, im confused?

• The version (type) of JAVA (Hotspot) that you have is created by Oracle. The Java page that BitDefender links to is the normal download location, generally only developers and the such would download direct from Oracle as they over many "flavours" of JAVA... the Java site only give you one flavour, which is the one that 99.9% of Windows users are interested in.

Oracle simply haven't updated the Java site to version 66 for some reason...perhaps a major bug was identified so it's availably was restricted, who knows. I wouldn’t worry about it. It'll likely be back to normal come version 67 or whatever the next version number will be at the point of general release.

• The version (type) of JAVA (Hotspot) that you have is created by Oracle. The Java page that BitDefender links to is the normal download location, generally only developers and the such would download direct from Oracle as they over many "flavours" of JAVA... the Java site only give you one flavour, which is the one that 99.9% of Windows users are interested in.

Oracle simply haven't updated the Java site to version 66 for some reason...perhaps a major bug was identified so it's availably was restricted, who knows. I wouldn’t worry about it. It'll likely be back to normal come version 67 or whatever the next version number will be at the point of general release.

I have just upgraded to Bitdefender TS 2016 and have run the vulnerability scan which gives me the same error regarding updated to version 66. Just to advise anybody interested I have upgraded to v66 and have check the version no. so it is the latest but am still getting the damned vulnerability error. Come on people get the message sorted please. I'm running Win 7 by the way.