On-access Scanning Is Disabled "failed" (windows 10 + Bdw8)

I just recently updated to Windows 10 without thinking about BD. A few weeks later and I had some shady activity happening on my computer (a link was sent to all my contacts in Skype and I was logged out by skype and prompted to change my password). I checked on BD and realized it was not running. I opened it, updated it and kept getting the error "On-access Scanning is disabled". After reviewing the forums for solutions, I updated BD, I updated Windows Defender and I restarted 4-5 times but it is still giving me the error. Below is my log file. Please advise!

Thank you!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/u0ju8z

Comments

• Even I am facing similar kind of problem I just recently updated to Windows 10. I checked on BD and realized it was not running. I opened it, updated it and kept getting the error "On-access Scanning is disabled". After reviewing the forums for solutions, I updated BD, I updated Windows Defender and I restarted 4-5 times but it is still giving me the error.Please advise!

Thank you.

David

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited December 2015

Hello David,

Which version of Bitdefender are you trying to use at the moment as Windows 8 Security is not compatible with Windows 10. Plus Windows Defender should be disabled.

Ro.

• I am using Windows 8 and I am getting a message from the Windows security centre that Bitdefender is switched off, but it won't let me switch it back on again through that application. Bitdefender says on-access scanning is disabled, but fixing the problem fails. Windows Defender is switched off. Any suggestions?

• Which version of Bitdefender are you trying to use at the moment as Windows 8 Security is not compatible with Windows 10. Plus Windows Defender should be disabled. www.gmail.com

This discussion has been closed.