Can I Import Passwords Into Wallet?

I thought I'd migrate from Norton to Bitdefender as Symantec has an abysmal customer support and bad browser support. Uninstalled all Norton, installed Bitdefender Family 2016, all fine for the 30 days of trial.

Now... is there a way to import the website passwords into Wallet? I have them neatly exported from Norton into a standard looking CSV file. Bitdefender Wallet seems to want to import only a cryptic-looking DB file whateverthatis. I opened a support ticket 2016011920450003 for which I received exactly the same retarded answer like I'm used to receive from Norton support: "here's the installation guide hope this helps". Must be cool to get paid and do nothing, I guess (unless I ran into an automatic answering and extra chea.p support line).

Before I ###### it up and go back to Norton I thought I'd ask the Bitdefender community: is there a way to import that CSV file into Wallet, as there's no way I'm going to spend the best part of the day adding the websites one by one?

Many thanks,

S

Comments

• bakon2
    edited February 2016
    I thought I'd migrate from Norton to Bitdefender as Symantec has an abysmal customer support and bad browser support. Uninstalled all Norton, installed Bitdefender Family 2016, all fine for the 30 days of trial.

Now... is there a way to import the website passwords into Wallet? I have them neatly exported from Norton into a standard looking CSV file. Bitdefender Wallet seems to want to import only a cryptic-looking DB file whateverthatis. I opened a support ticket 2016011920450003 for which I received exactly the same retarded answer like I'm used to receive from Norton support: "here's the installation guide hope this helps". Must be cool to get paid and do nothing, I guess (unless I ran into an automatic answering and extra chea.p support line).

Before I ###### it up and go back to Norton I thought I'd ask the Bitdefender community: is there a way to import that CSV file into Wallet, as there's no way I'm going to spend the best part of the day adding the websites one by one?

Many thanks,

S

Sheesh. I just opened a support ticket for the same exact thing...almost.

I try to create a wallet, then select the import option and change the file type to all or *.* then you should at least be able to select it. I can only get that far. When I put in my master pw it tells me it is wrong. So frustrating. I still have 31 days left on my Nortons...and I got the same email. Hopefully it gets cleared up soon.

• Hi everyone,

Bitdefender Wallet cannot import an existing database of another password manager application. It only works to import older Bitdefender created wallets pwdman.db (from Bitdefender 2014, 2015 or from previous Bitdefender 2016 installations).

Also, when creating a new Bitdefender wallet it allows to import the credentials stored in these 3 web browsers:

Internet Explorer

Mozilla Firefox

Google Chrome

Hope this helps.

• This does not help. There needs to be import functionality added to take in a simple CSV file. I have over 200 websites and ids/passwords. Do you really think I want to have to enter them one at a time? If there are no plans to do this I am going to forget about the wallet functionality and go back to using Google Chrome to do this.

• I'm disappointed in Bitdefender by not able to import the different extensions of previous Password Managers. I've tried others and they've all has some flaw or another. By having a valid licence of Bitdfender and to use them, having to manually enter over 300 sites / secure data is BS!

When my licence is expired, I'm no longer going to use it. I think every company just wants subscription base software to extract $$$ from your pocket and not having the full features behind it.

This is my own thoughts, and if you choose to stick with it, that's okay, because I'm not!

Be safe!

• OMG it's August 2021 and the problem still exists it's unbelievable !!! HAHAHA

This is my last year of subscription ... there are so many options and you are just plain shameless.

• Still, it's a pain in the bottom I want to import pwds from my chrome JUST CHROMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! this thing never gonna help, that is such a big shame... its a 6-year topic and still, they ignore it 😪................

• yes, same thoughts here... 3-year subscription ..... such a bad luck

• Such a simple feature to expect, yet its not available. Very disappointing

• How in this day and age is there not a function to import passwords from a .csv or .json file?

I have maybe five hundred passwords stored on Bitwarden. You have to be effing kidding me if you think i'm going to import them all one by one...

This is just comically bad.

• Hi Members!

Thanks for your feedback, your voice has been heard and dev team is on it.

Stay safe,

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• Thank you very much for the update @Mike_BD.

Do you have any possible ETA for when this could be implemented?

I am currently using LastPass to store my Passwords however I would like to get them added to my Bitdefender Wallet ASAP! The import function does not currently work when importing my .CSV from LastPass.

Thanks!

• I can't provide a clear date, for the moment. But I will inform you once I get a clear information from the dev team.

Stay safe,

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• Hi i moved from Avast to bitdefender , but regarding the password manager sorry its a shambles, it will not save any passwords i use i cannot import from Chrome Avast, and having to enter a master password first in order for it to possible fill in an password i dont get. ok i have tried the settings menu where it is set to not ask for the master password but that does not work, and as i have an auto generated master password that is stored in the chrome manager i have to manualy log into that then cut and paste to Bitdefender to be able to access the password manager, im the same as many other people having hundreds of passwords to import, sorry as soon as my subscription is up i will move back to Avast.

• Mike_BD
    Mike_BD admin
    edited December 2021

Hi Members,

Bitdefender Password Manager is now available. You may choose to either keep using Wallet, or try the new Password Manager. It is a response to our customer needs and a multi-platform solution which encompasses many useful features (some of them requested specifically on this very thread).

Happy holidays,

Mike

• Ook ik kan mijn gegevens van true- key niet importeren. Om te importeren geeft true key een excel.csv bestand. Maar nee hoor niets helpt om te importeren.

• Well Mike,

Let me plop the balloon here, I bought your fantastic new Password Manager and trying to import a csv file from the Bitdefender Password Manager. My dreams of a white Christmas are more likely to come trough than being able to import the CSV from your own product into the Password Manager. The only message I get is that Password manager is not able to import the file. Maybe a silly question but have your developers tested this?

• Hello @HardyV01 and welcome to our Community!

Hope your holidays were wonderful and at least part of your dreams were fulfilled 😊. What you are describing indicates that our tech team should have a closer look, therefore I'm kindly asking you to contact our support team by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Stay safe,

Mike

• jazzyk
    edited January 2022

Same here.. i exported the .csv file from bitdefender wallet but i get "unable to import file"

Followed your link and worked like a charm.. thnx