Stop Enabling Auto Pilot With System Updates

I wish you would STOP enabling Auto Pilot through Bitdefender Anti-Virus automatic updates.

I reported this problem once before and you told me to enable profiles. I have done this and you keep doing it anyway.

You have got to stop controlling local parameter settings set by a customer. If I want to operate your software in a certain way according to the features it offers, then I need to trust that it will continue to operate the way I have set it and not change according to YOUR preferences with a periodic software update.

This is ridiculous practice for managing updates to software.

Improve the quality of your software update process and setup parameter management to make sure the system is stable according the settings I choose!!!

Comments

• I agree with you in theory, but I don't understand the practical effect of being switched to autopilot if no specific settings have been changed from the way we had them. Or are there changes I haven't noticed?

• My Bitdefender installation switches to turn autopilot on magically on its own. I don't know exactly when it does this but I assume that because I did not do it, it comes about because of Bitdefender auto updates.