Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[Won't Do] Parental Control And Windows Account

Options

Hi,

With Parental Control in BD2015 you were able within My Bitdefender to assign a child to a specific Windows PC account.

With BD2016 Parental Control you can only assign a child to a specific device within Bitdefender Central. Therefore children of different ages that share a PC cannot have their own Parental Cntrol settings.

This is major change since the last version.

I am correct? If so why has this functionality been removed?

Comments

• Thank you for your feedback.

In Bitdefender 2016, this behavior is according to product specifications. Indeed Parental Control applies to all Windows users and can't be assigned to a specific user.

We have taken in consideration your suggestion and we will address it to our development team for improvement.

• Hello,

Parental Control was one of the reasons I choosed and stayed with BD since years. And I am discovering big steps backward have been done on its features!

I am also missing this association to specific Windows Users.

And I am missing the schedule feature to limit to some hours the acces to Internet to my young childs!

I just upgrade from BD 2014 to BD 2016 because the schedule was no more working well... And what a surprise: it has just disapear!

I would appreciate this feature back.

Mario

Thank you for your feedback.

In Bitdefender 2016, this behavior is according to product specifications. Indeed Parental Control applies to all Windows users and can't be assigned to a specific user.

We have taken in consideration your suggestion and we will address it to our development team for improvement.

• I'm in the same situation and totally agree with the original poster. Please add multi-account Windows access.

• kotrok
    Options

I'm in the same situation and totally agree with the original poster. Please add multi-account Windows access!!!!!

• Hello,

Parental Control was one of the reasons I choosed and stayed with BD since years. And I am discovering big steps backward have been done on its features!

I am also missing this association to specific Windows Users.

And I am missing the schedule feature to limit to some hours the acces to Internet to my young childs!

I just upgrade from BD 2014 to BD 2016 because the schedule was no more working well... And what a surprise: it has just disapear!

I would appreciate this feature back.

Mario

QUOTE (Paul-Robert @ Sep 28 2015, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you for your feedback.

Yes, I would also like to schedule computer use.

• I think it's a plot to force me to buy a computer for each of my 5 children and, consequently, a 5-user licence :D

More seriously, I don't understand a such downgrade in this feature... I'm sure it's more difficult to use user accounts with bitdefender central... But let us parameter it in the main program and just put reports online !!!

With an unuseful parental advisor, at least less than the win7 default one, I' m not sure to renew with bitdenfender in 3 weeks or so because it was the feature leading me to choose this company vs kaspersky :(

• I have acutely bought internet security 2016 and just yesterday uninstalled it on all 3 of my machines.

They can keep it thank you very much. There is similar priced competitors that provide a lot more functionality. ; Kaspersky

Also, their disinterest in responding to logged tickets and forums posts says it all.

• For your information, I downgraded v2016 to v2015 to get back the control per window user.

I will renew my license with bitdefender only if this features is re-added to the product, since it was one of the main features pushing me to adopt bitdefender.

please inform the product manager that he's going to loose customers if there is no reaction...

Best Regards.

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello everybody,

At this time there are no plans in developing the product in that direction.

Thank you for your understanding.

This discussion has been closed.