Update 20.0.27.1467

Hey Guys!

Have someone a release note?
I dont find something.

Greetings from Vienna,

Philip

Comments

• The update was worth about 19MB with 100's of language txtui files in the mix.

There was also large number of dll and sys updates and executables for the interface, core and wallet agents and the security service.

BD doesn't think us important enough to post up a public change log. They're hard at work making improvements and implementing fixes and they don't want to let their paying customers know. Except for the restart...

There is a forum member who manages to find and post up a changelog occasionally. Hopefully he/she might do so again. And maybe post up where they are finding it.

Cheers.

• jitzy
    jitzy ✭✭

There is a forum member who manages to find and post up a changelog occasionally. Hopefully he/she might do so again. And maybe post up where they are finding it.

Its from the French forum --> /index.php?showtopic=60109" rel="">https://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=60109

• @ jithin

Thanks. I see where Yann is a Bitdefender employee with a 14290 post count, so far. I'm sure the French-speaking paying customers are thankful.

I've sent a PM asking where we might find this data other than in some casual forum posting.

That the changelog is detailed by one employee in one language forum rather than the product Web site (like nearly everyone else out there) is unsatisfactory and disappointing especially since the info relates to premium products.

This is not to dismiss BD's ongoing development, fixes and improvements which is why we pay for it and continue to renew our licenses. It would be nice to know what they are.

• I have an issue with safepay. No matter how many times i try to tell it not to ask when i do a transaction on paypal. it will keep popping up on the next paypal page. Its quite annoying.

And yes, before someone asks, I do tick the options - do not ask for any website and do not ask for this website.

This has started after the last update.

• @mirage22 the situation is known and has been sent to the developers, please see topic bellow where the issue was reported, I will update that thread when a fix is released.

• Unknown
    edited May 2016

I received this personal message today:

I have been notified that the changelog will be posted very soon in the English part of the forum, in the Update section.

Cordialement, Yann, Technicien Support Bitdefender en France

For "the changelog" I don't know if this is in response to the inquiry for just the 20.0.27.1467 change log or if new logs will be posted as an ongoing service. I don't want to bother Yann any further. (The changes for 20.0.27.1467 have not yet been posted in the French forum, BTW.) Though I sent a thank you reply in the message thread, here's a public... Thanks Yann!

I'm of the hope we'll soon see a pinned update topic that is updated as updates are released. ^_^ I don't think that's too much for customers to ask for. For the members other language forums, too.

It goes without saying, there should be a page devoted to this at bitdefender dot com.

Cheers.

• Unknown
    edited May 2016

Well, you could have knocked me over with a feather... The 20.0.27.1467 changelog appeared in the "Bitdefender Latest Support" RSS feed this morning:

Version: 20.0.27.1467
    Platform: x86, x64
    This version fixes the following issues:
    • Rare main process crash generated by the Update engine
    • Freeze impression during installation given by progress bar not moving properly
    • Agent not behaving properly after reboot if an infected file was detected during installation
    • Rare situation where a scan location was repeatedly asked during a Custom Scan
    • Installation binaries would not get elevated permissions
    • Interference with League of Legends launcher and update process
    • Firewall handling of DirectAccess tunnels
    • Several User Interface display and localization issues
    • Several minor compatibility issues

The following improvements were included:
    • Augmented ability of In-product Support Tool to gather relevant and accurate information
    • Performance in different scenarios
    • Interaction with Windows Firewall in different scenarios
    • Compatibility with several banking websites when used in Safepay
    • Ransomware handling of whitelisted applications
    • On-Demand and On-Access scanning enhancement
    • Repair function
    • Security during installation

For the six or seven updates since I began running BDIS 2016 in December, this is the first time I've seen this since I subscribed to BD feeds long enough ago to forget when.

I hope BD continues with posting the changelogs to this feed and a special THANK YOU! to the person(s) responsible.

The feed is at:

http://www.bitdefender.com/syndicate/KB/latestArticles-rss10.xml

• Well, you could have knocked me over with a feather... The 20.0.27.1467 changelog appeared in the "Bitdefender Latest Support" RSS feed this morning:

Version: 20.0.27.1467

Platform: x86, x64

This version fixes the following issues:

• Rare main process crash generated by the Update engine

• Freeze impression during installation given by progress bar not moving properly

• Agent not behaving properly after reboot if an infected file was detected during installation

• Rare situation where a scan location was repeatedly asked during a Custom Scan

• Installation binaries would not get elevated permissions

• Interference with League of Legends launcher and update process

• Firewall handling of DirectAccess tunnels

• Several User Interface display and localization issues

• Several minor compatibility issues

The following improvements were included:

• Augmented ability of In-product Support Tool to gather relevant and accurate information

• Performance in different scenarios

• Interaction with Windows Firewall in different scenarios

• Compatibility with several banking websites when used in Safepay

• Ransomware handling of whitelisted applications

• On-Demand and On-Access scanning enhancement

• Repair function

• Security during installation

For the six or seven updates since I began running BDIS 2016 in December, this is the first time I've seen this since I subscribed to BD feeds long enough ago to forget when.

I hope BD continues with posting the changelogs to this feed and a special THANK YOU! to the person(s) responsible.

The feed is at:

mmmm ! nice

• From now on we are going to have a pinned topic with the latest changelog and a KB to boot.

• Yesterday I rebooted my pc twice, it seems Bitdefender has updated to 20.0.28.1478, anyone knows what the changes are?

• @ Sorin G.

Thanks for creating the pinned topic and for all the efforts in the creation of the KB as well as adding the data to the RSS feed.

For those arriving at this topic initially, the KB is at

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/bitdefender-2016-changelog-1672.html

and the RSS feed is at

though the feed covers the broad spectrum of BD's products.

Since 20.0.27.1467 has been superseded and the changelog discussion resolved, this topic would benefit by being locked.

Cheers.

This discussion has been closed.