Gziface.exe Crashes When I Click Logs Or Details Or Show Files

I am running Windows 8.1 and Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition version: 1.0.21.1109

Whenever I try and view logs or view details of a scan or show files in quarantine, gziface.exe stops working correctly and crashes. This makes it impossible for me to manage my quarantined files or view the scan logs. Below i've copied the application error event details. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Faulting application name: gziface.exe, version: 1.0.21.1109, time stamp: 0x56d6fbd0

Faulting module name: PresentationCore.ni.dll, version: 4.0.30319.34292, time stamp: 0x56b91d70

Exception code: 0x80131623

Fault offset: 0x0000000000c325b6

Faulting process id: 0x1088

Faulting application start time: 0x01d1d22037c1a8b4

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Antivirus Free Edition\gziface.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_64\PresentationCore\4066b8663a253ce480da523e8c9bc0df\PresentationCore.ni.dll

Report Id: 158bcaff-3e14-11e6-8506-8056f2a58a6f

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Comments

• lapka
    edited June 2016

Apparently you have a problem with Microsoft .NET Framework 4.
    Try to run in command prompt as Administrator the following command: sfc /scannow

If that doesn't help, you can reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework or reinstalling the Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition.

• iduno8912
    edited June 2016

Apparently you have a problem with Microsoft .NET Framework 4.

Try to run in command prompt as Administrator the following command: sfc /scannow

If that doesn't help, you can reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework or reinstalling the Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition.

I ran the sfc /scannow command as admin and it did not fix my problem.

I tried to uninstall/reinstall .Net Framework 4, but it does not appear anywhere in my programs and features list. Non of the .Net versions seem to be listed, which is strange because I can see them with the .Net verification tool. I tried to use the .Net cleanup tool to uninstall all versions, but when my computer rebooted, they were all still there. I then downloaded the .Net 4.0 web installer to see if I could reinstall without uninstalling, but it gave me the a message stating I could not install it because it is already on my system. I used the .Net verification tool and it says all my versions are installed properly.

Lastly, I uninstalled Bitdefender, restarted and reinstalled. That did not fix my problem.

It seems like the problem is with .Net Framework Version: v4.0.30319 according to the event logs. I can't figure out how to uninstall these ###### versions and reinstall them! Do you know what I should do?

EDIT: I just read on stack overflow that Windows 8 doesn't support .Net Framework 4.0. Is this true? Why would they code Bitdefender to use an unsupported version?

• Hello,

That is highly untrue, Windows 8/8.1 has full support for framework 4.

Try installing using this kit.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42642

Should that not resolve your situation you can use a DISM command to verify the integrity of the machine. Open a command prompt with admin priviledges and use the command bellow

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• You can try to install .Net Framework 4.6.1, may be with him the problem will be solved.
    Otherwise, treat the problem in support.

• iduno8912
    edited June 2016

Hello,

That is highly untrue, Windows 8/8.1 has full support for framework 4.

Try installing using this kit.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42642

Should that not resolve your situation you can use a DISM command to verify the integrity of the machine. Open a command prompt with admin priviledges and use the command bellow

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

The link you sent me is for .Net 4.5.2 which isn't the version causing problems as stated above. I tried to install it anyways, but it says it cannot because it's already installed on my system.

DISM did not fix my problem.

You can try to install .Net Framework 4.6.1, may be with him the problem will be solved.

Otherwise, treat the problem in support.

I already have .Net 4.6.1 and the verification tool says it is installed properly.