Google Chrome Isn't Working...

Okay, so yesterday I bought the Bitdefender Total Security Multi Device 2016 for 1 year because I wanted more protection for my computer, after it installed I looked at the features of the software. I click on the vulnerability scan to see if I had any problems. After the scan was done it said I had one issue but it wasn't an actual issue, the scan said that I should update my Google Chrome to the latest version, the scan also gave me a link to Google Chrome's update page.

I clicked the link and updated my Google Chrome to the latest version then shut down my computer because I had to go to work, few hours later I came home from work and turned on my computer and opened Google Chrome, I noticed it was loading really slow then usual even if I just turned on my computer, about a minute later I get a unresponsive error. I closed the browser and tried again, same thing happened. I tried restarting my computer, the same thing happened again. When I try to open a tab, a link, or even the settings it gets an error.

I can use Microsoft Edge and FireFox with no problem, but Google Chrome won't work....

If anyone knows how to fix this please tell me. I'm using Windows 10 if that helps anyway.

I'm new to Bitdefender so sorry if there is a thread about this somewhere, also I was able to use Google Chrome before I updated it.

Comments

• Hello. I would uninstall Chrome, restart the computer, then use one of your other browsers and download Chrome again. Make sure that you download it directly from Google, not one of the many software download companies that may add additional unwanted programs with it.

•  

Hello. I would uninstall Chrome, restart the computer, then use one of your other browsers and download Chrome again. Make sure that you download it directly from Google, not one of the many software download companies that may add additional unwanted programs with it.

It worked! I uninstalled it, restarted the computer, and re downloaded from Microsoft Edge. Thanks.

• Hello Newguy1740 and Cohbraz,

I am happy to hear that Chrome is now working. The issue was most like caused by the update that did not install correctly and reinstalling Chrome was the easiest way to fix this issue.