So, Bitdefender Is Playing Dirty Now!

I've just noticed recently that Bitdefender is blocking and flagging components of the BitTorrent application "utorrent" ( http://www.utorrent.com/ ). On one of my systems, whenever I try to launch utorrent, I get an error message that goes something like this:

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access them."

After that, a Bitdefender Notification pops up saying that a "Potentially Unwanted Application is Detected!" If I click "More Details", I'm transferred to the "Events" screen where I'm recommended to completely remove utorrent from my computer.

On another system, I was doing a System Scan, and Bitdefender flagged other critical components of utorrent.

So is this your little game? Were you paid off by Warner Music Group or Sony Music Entertainment to intentionally do this to "stop piracy"? What an unscrupulous company you guys are becoming! <_<

Comments

• csalgau
    csalgau ✭✭
    edited August 2016

The file in question was uTorrent 3.4.6.42060 (not the current release) and was detected as Application.Generic.1639634.

This was a false positive and the file was flagged accidentally due to internal processes.

It is interesting, as this this has been the situation for about two months, and there have been no reports.

Detection should be removed shortly. Thank you for reporting!

Regarding the second system you mentioned, please provide the files or detection names so I can look into them.