Windows 10 Anniv Update, Bts2016 Can't Activate Real-Time Protection

Hi, I just updated my Windows 10 with anniversary update which make BTS2016 can't activate real-time protection.

It activate for just a brief moment and return to down state.

I've run the support tool, where should I send it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Hello,

You can open a ticket by sending the support tool logs and a description of what happend to bitsy@bitdefender.com

• Mindleader
    edited August 2016

Hello,

I have the same problem but dont know how to get / use your mentioned support tool

Greetings from germany

OK I am in contact with the support, how ever there seems to be also a problem with the Support Tool, its running since 25 minutes on step 5 (Current Operation: Executing tools ...)
    a folder called: "Bitdefender Support Tool" was created, there are 3 files in this folder where the creation time is equals the start time of the program
    sysdump.html
    sysdump.tar
    sysdump.txt

I was unable to zip these folder because the file were in use by another process (I anicipate by the Support Tool)
    But its possible to copy the files to a different place and send the files to the support.

Dont know how many files will be created.

OK now while typing this answer the pprograssbar increased from 0 to 100 and the tool changed to finish.
    So it last around 30 minutes !!!!

• I have the same problem, and apart from opening a ticket, I would like to comment that after the apparently successful Windows update, and besides the lack of "Real-Time" protection, I tried to "Repair" the installation of BD, but I just discovered that it does NOT appear at all on the "Programs and Features" list, so I downloaded an installer from the Web Site for my product, AntiVirus Plus 2016, just to see if it was possible to run the "repair" process from there, but the Installation .exe did not open and nothing appeared on the screen.

• Hello,

Thank you all for the provided details, I would also like to ask you to provide me with the generated ticket number to look into the matter.

• Got the same problem but could solve it with some support help of local Bitdefender support team.

After some search I discovered that the Windows Update 1607, the so called Anniversary Update changes the way the Windows Defender works and many other interfaces in Windows.

I guess that the changes in Windows related with Windows Defender affect by some way the installed Bitdefender in you system, let the Bitdefender team inspect that and clarify us later.

By now there is only 2 possible solutions, either repair the Bitdefender 2016 installation or uninstall and reinstall it again.

I got to repair the installation, but to get it you must go trough at least 2 dialogue boxes (windows) from the Windows 10 system asking you to confirm that you want to uninstall Bitdefender, only after this the original Bitdefender installation program will be opened by the system and only then you will have the button option to repair the Bitdefender.

To do it. Go to the Settings button in Start Menu (now in Windows 10 AU the gear icon at the left side of the Start Menu) and navigate to the Apps and Features then search in the list for your Bitdefender installation, click on it and choose to uninstall it. Yes, there is no option to repair it in this dialogue. After that Windows will ask you if you really want to uninstall the Bitdefender, again no option to repair it. Be stubborn and confirm again, only then the original Bitdefender installer will be open and then finally it will appear the button Repair. Click on it and wait some minutes for the installation to be repaired. After that you will be prompted to restart the system, click Yes and wait the Windows 10 restart. The Bitdefender shall be working fine then. If not, try to really uninstall it and reinstall the Bitdefender,

I my case the Repair function worked fine.

Hope this can help.

ACsysop.

• Diazruanova
    edited August 2016

To do it. Go to the Settings button in Start Menu (now in Windows 10 AU the gear icon at the left side of the Start Menu) and navigate to the Apps and Features then search in the list for your Bitdefender installation, click on it and choose to uninstall it. Yes, there is no option to repair it in this dialogue. After that Windows will ask you if you really want to uninstall the Bitdefender, again no option to repair it. Be stubborn and confirm again, only then the original Bitdefender installer will be open and then finally it will appear the button Repair. Click on it and wait some minutes for the installation to be repaired. After that you will be prompted to restart the system, click Yes and wait the Windows 10 restart. The Bitdefender shall be working fine then. If not, try to really uninstall it and reinstall the Bitdefender,

I my case the Repair function worked fine.

Hope this can help.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had to opt for the UN-Install way because Bitdefender dissapeared totally from "programs and features", so I had to download the un-install tool from BD web site and after running it and re-booting, I was able to re-install BD. Bummer!!! but now everything is fine :-)

Diazruanova