What Is Paranoid Mode?!

I'm new to bitdefender &

I have a question and that's WHAT IS PARANOID MODE?

I didn't find the answer in help of the software or any where else

help please

thanks

Comments

• I'm new to bitdefender &

I have a question and that's WHAT IS PARANOID MODE?

I didn't find the answer in help of the software or any where else

help please

thanks

Here is a small description taken from the Bitdefender Total Security 2014 manual. It is pretty much the same as 2015. I hope this helps.

Note

When Paranoid Mode is turned on, the Autopilot is automatically switched off.

As long as Paranoid Mode is on, an alert will be displayed prompting you for action

every time one of the following situations occurs:

● An application tries to connect to the Internet.

● An application tries to perform an action considered suspicious by the Intrusion

Detection System or the Active Virus Control.

The alert contains detailed information regarding the application and the detected

behavior. You must select to Allow or Deny the action using the corresponding

button.

• thanks for the help bro ;)

• Chris F.
    edited September 2016

I have Bitdefender Total Security (Multi Device) 2017 on my PC. Having used BTS on past PC's and also very familiar with Kaspersky Total Security which also has Paranoid type setting. For me personally; unless one is browsing at a website known to have malware, viruses and/or phishing whether intentionally or not for whatever reason the Paranoid setting may be useful. In my experience with both Total Security Suites I never use the Paranoid setting. Bitdefender's Auto Pilot On feature should handle most risky environments. I tweak all BTS settings to their highest settings to ensure I'm virtually safe from visited websites vulnerabilities.

For what it's worth personally I don't find the Paranoid setting much useful. Having it ON can give you risk of the Bitdefender software engine reading false virus positives

• So, what differences are there between selecting Paranoid Mode vs. just turning off Autopilot Mode?