BD 2017 online installers

@ Sorin G.

It appears that the BitDefender 2017 online installers included in your pinned post "How To Install Bitdefender 2017" are pointing to BitDefender 2016 online installers:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/connect/cl/2016/en-us/bitdefender_tsecurity.exe

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/connect/cl/2016/en-us/bitdefender_isecurity.exe

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/connect/cl/2016/en-us/bitdefender_antivirus.exe

Could you please confirm?

Tks in advance & Regards

Comments

• Hello,

That is basically the Agent without the account details (unlike the one downloaded from Central).

It will download the 2017 version of the product.

• @ Sorin G.

Based on your reply, Bitdefender 2016 security products cannot be installed any more since the online installers would always download and install BitDefender 2017 security products.

Please clarify.

Rgds

• Hello. I tried to install BD TS 2017 and no luck so far. Those links posted above are not good, it installs 2016 versions. I tried to install 2017 version from central account, it downloads the installer and nothing happens.

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016

The Bitdefender Central account and these online installers have become less than desirable. Waiting over 30 minutes to have absolutely nothing happen is very frustrating.

• Hello,

Due to changes made in the Central structure those direct download agents are no longer valid. Please use Central to download the product.

• Versions 2017 or the released in only in 4 languages, so if you want to download any of them, change the interface Bitdefender Central in english and will download the desired version in english .... success!
    Besides this, follow the manufacturer's recommendations related to the steps to inst
    all 2017 version.;)

• It would be helpful if someone from Bitdefender support would talk about how to upgrade from 2016 to 2017.

Do you need to uninstall 2016 first?

Can you run the 2017 installer and it will automatically do the housekeeping to replace 2016 with 2017?

The most basic of questions yet the knowledge base webpage doesn't even address this nor do I see it here under the 2017 Activation thread.   Now I could have missed it and apologize if I did but nonetheless a reply to my questions would be appreciated.:)

• 2 hours ago, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

Due to changes made in the Central structure those direct download agents are no longer valid. Please use Central to download the product.

@ Sorin G.

Thanks for your response. 

However if I use Central to download the product, the product that you may only download by default is Bitdefender Total Security 2017.

Now the question would be: how could I download Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2017 or Bitdefender Internet Security 2017 for trying them?

If I may and provided that I am not mistaken, the direct download agents for all Bitdefender 2017 security products are the following because they are currently pointing to Kit Version 21.0.18.898:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/installer/en-us/bitdefender_antivirus.exe

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/installer/en-us/bitdefender_isecurity.exe

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/installer/en-us/bitdefender_tsecurity.exe

It is worth clarifying that the Bitdefender 2017 direct download agents originally included in your pinned post ("How to install Bitdefender 2017) which now have been deleted were pointing to Bitdefender 2016 security products (Kit Version 20.x.x.x.).

Rgds

• 25 minutes ago, Nesivos said:

Can you run the 2017 installer and it will automatically do the housekeeping to replace 2016 with 2017?

Hiya  :D

I assume that during installation it will detect any other AV and ask for removal,  I seem to remember that is what happened when we updated to BD 2016.

I was running Win Defender and updated through Central so everything was straight forward and relatively quick.

• Hello,

Yes, there was a mix-up in the links. My apologies for the confusion.

Still its best that you use the Central one as it carries the account information with it.

• 40 minutes ago, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

Yes, there was a mix-up in the links. My apologies for the confusion.

Still its best that you use the Central one as it carries the account information with it.

@ Sorin G.

Noted and thanks for your comments.

Rgds

• 17 hours ago, Rohugh said:

Hiya  :D

I assume that during installation it will detect any other AV and ask for removal,  I seem to remember that is what happened when we updated to BD 2016.

I was running Win Defender and updated through Central so everything was straight forward and relatively quick.

You know what happens when you assume:)    Maybe a running a repair will do the trick.?

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited September 2016

Thought I would try to install and see if 2017 does the uninstall of 2016 as part of the 2017 install process.   Downloaded from BDC and ran the install.   Worked fine on the one computer I tried it on.:)

Some initial impressions of 2017

1.  It is a lot different than 2016.  GUI completely revamped and will take a while to get used to

2.  Appears to load slower on Windows 10 restarts which could be do to scanning

3. You need to un-click "Activate Profiles Automatically" in order to manually override he default profile

4. Widget did not auto-load on Windows restart even though I had turned it on before the restart.  That that may have been do to an update after the install.  Needs monitoring.

5. Appears protection levels are automatic and can not be adjusted as in 2016

6. One-click Optimizer worked great.  Found a lot of junk that 2016 was not finding.

7. Disk Clean is an interesting feature but I strongly suggest using it with care especially on your system drive.

8. Ran a Quick Scan.  Took 16 seconds on this computer.  Speeds of course will vary with the computer

9. Bonus - Works with the latest Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring build 14931

Overall a very nice job by Bitdefender though time will either confirm or not confirm this.

• 33 minutes ago, Nesivos said:

4. Widget did not auto-load on Windows restart even though I had turned it on before the restart.  That that may have been do to an update after the install.  Needs monitoring.

Reading your post I realised that my Widget wasn't showing on Desktop either.  I have been using another AV for a while and got used to not seeing it.  :)

Checking I find that the Widget setting reverts to off after a computer reboot.

Info:-  Windows 10 v. 1607:  Bitdefender TS 2017 build 21.0.18.898

• Correction to my above post.  AV Protection settings can be customized.  Sorry about that.

• Ok, tried second time to install BD2017 (I have a valid subscription for TS 2016). I removed BD TS 2016 (with the help of Uninstall Tool), after that I accessed Bitdefender Central and clicked Install Bitdefender....and it reinstalled BD 2016. So, the key for TS 2016 is not valid for 2017???

• Yes,  the 2016 key is valid for the upgrade.  I have upgraded two computers from 2016 via Central without problems.

When you uninstalled 2016 did you also check with Windows Control Panel> Programs and Features to also ensure that the Bitdefender Agent was removed?

• Bitdefender Uninstall Tool removes everything about previous BD installation. I tried to upgrade the serial key of BD TS 2016 in Bitdefender Central and I receive 2 messages: one says "This key was already used to generate a subscription" for the last key and "There was an error activating your subscription. Please try again later." for the first key (the first key was aquired in 2014, the second one in 2015, I still have 128 days remaining). When the installer starts, it shows Bitdefender 2017, it downloads the package, starts unpacking, then the download window appears again and downloads 2016 version, unpacks and installs this version.

• 4 hours ago, cvornicu said:

Bitdefender Uninstall Tool removes everything about previous BD installation. I tried to upgrade the serial key of BD TS 2016 in Bitdefender Central and I receive 2 messages: one says "This key was already used to generate a subscription" for the last key and "There was an error activating your subscription. Please try again later." for the first key (the first key was aquired in 2014, the second one in 2015, I still have 128 days remaining). When the installer starts, it shows Bitdefender 2017, it downloads the package, starts unpacking, then the download window appears again and downloads 2016 version, unpacks and installs this version.

This issue is debated and has solving in topics in Romanian !

"Bitdefender Uninstall Tool removes everything about previous BD installation", that's what you think ? It never will be deleted all files, especially registry.

• Hello,

Firstly I do not appreciate the off-topic mess that you people made, as a result the thread is closed.

Secondly if you encounter a issue with the 2017 please open a case with our support at bitsy@bitdefender.com

Now regarding the widget and other settings, firstly please ensure you have administrator rights and there are no other security solutions installed (even disabled).

@cvornicu That is because you already have the key added into your Central account. The 2017 uses the same Central there is no need to re-enter the key. If you have Central setup in a language where as 2017 was not yet released, that would be the reason you are getting 2016.

niroz Please refrain from Spamming the forum. Please take it as a friendly warning.

This discussion has been closed.