BDIS 2017 vsserv.exe spikes every 5 seconds

This has been a continuing theme for years over different products. It never seems to get resolved. BDIS 2017 has vsserv.exe running 10% spikes of the CPU with 6MB of I/O every 5 seconds, continuously. What are you up to? Do I have to regress to BDIS 2016 to stop this thing from haunting me?

Comments

•  

On 10/5/2016 at 10:06 PM, leighton@mail.com said:

This has been a continuing theme for years over different products. It never seems to get resolved. BDIS 2017 has vsserv.exe running 10% spikes of the CPU with 6MB of I/O every 5 seconds, continuously. What are you up to? Do I have to regress to BDIS 2016 to stop this thing from haunting me?

Same issue. LatencyMon shows significant page faults. There is an obvious problem with BDIS 17. CPU goes to 100% for no reason. I am on a beast of a machine.. i7 6700K, 32GB Ram, etc. This did not start happening until I upgraded. This needs to be given to the DEVS to resolve ASAP.

I can't edit my previous comment, but I'm uploading my LatencyMon screenshot, this is only 2 minutes of capture. It is a definite problem.

1.PNG

• See attached I-O Status:

I-O Status.PNG

• BDAlexS
    BDAlexS ✭✭
    edited October 2016

I would add not only does this process get quite a few hard page faults, but so does..

seccenter.exe (main interface).

bdwtxag.exe (Bitdefender wallet agent).

I also note there is no way to prevent bdwtxag.exe from running (after you turn off the wallet agent).

• On 10/9/2016 at 3:28 PM, leighton@mail.com said:

See attached I-O Status:

I-O Status.PNG

This is pretty much the same for me. I posted an earlier LatencyMon screenshot showing Page faults after only 2 minutes.

• Sorin/Bitdefender,

Can we get an update on this issue and if it will be sent to Devs to fix?

• It's not related to the "[Sent2Devel] WMI Provider Host causing CPU usage" thread here is it? I won't cross post.

• 2 hours ago, BDAlexS said:

It's not related to the "[Sent2Devel] WMI Provider Host causing CPU usage" thread here is it? I won't cross post.

This is completely different than the issue we are having, however I don't understand why the moderator is responding to other threads, but not responding to this one and the issue has been open for almost 10 days. I've had to completely uninstall BD in the mean time. And no uninstalling and reinstalling does not fix the issue.

• Hello,

This situation is still undergoing investigation. I will reply on the thread when I have a proper answer, at this time this thread doesn't need more speculation. But not to leave this without a opinion, just keep in mind that the product scans your RAM and that memory isn't static.

/index.php?/profile/200865-acepuppy/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="200865" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/200865-acepuppy/" id="ips_uid_6889_7" rel="">@AcePuppy Might I remind you that this is a forum for discussions not a Q&A platform.

Best course of action is to contact our support via bitsy@bitdefender.com and provide them with the support tool log, to be able to get a better view of whats happening on that machine and provide a answer.

• Sorin,

We are discussing the issue at hand and even provided information. All I was asking was for you or someone to acknowledge what is going on and stop skipping over the thread. A simple answer was all that was looked for. Nothing in this thread has Q&A context. I will leave the thread as is and contact the email below. Please note hard page faults are to do with the CPU and not RAM, as given in my screenshot.

• I am also having this issue that is going on in this thread.

• Hi i have that issue as well but t doesn't affect the performance of my computer

Screenshot (89).png

• Could this be the reason why my system and internet connection slowed horribly down after Bdf 2017 install?

Uninstall solved the problem - reinstall restore it.

• Hello,

/index.php?/profile/205839-haver/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="205839" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/205839-haver/" rel="">@haver no, your issue is most likely caused by something else. Best that you contact our support at bitsy@bitdefender.com with the logs from the Bitdefender Support Tool.

www.bitdefender.com/support/How-to-generate-a-support-log--1168.html