Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender agent has encountered a critical error

ChrisRev
edited November 2016 in General

Good morning ladies and gentlemen,

Was running Windows 8.1 with Bitdefender 2016 Total internet security without issue.

Upgraded to Windows 10 and no Bitdefender was running, no problem I took the opportunity to upgrade to 2017.

When installing it said it was removing a previous version of Bitdefender then rebooted and installed 2017.

Once rebooted it started Wiondows 10 and I receive the continual errors of "Bitdefender agent has encountered a critical error"

It then prompts me to reboot the machine or contact support, rebooting doesn't help.

I tried booting into safe mode and running the repair tool, but that didn't help.

I figured something didn't uninstall.

So I uninstalled, booted into safe mode and ran your uninstall tool and rebooted into safe mode.

Then ran CCleaner and rebooted.

Installed Total Security 2017 and it is the exact same issue.

I made a support disk and sent in the screenshots with them 13 hours ago when I created my support disk.

Please assist anyone?

bd.png

Comments

• Well, this is weird.

I have got EXACTLY the same issue, and I mean EXACTLY.

Upgraded a computer from windows 8.1 to windows 10 and bitdefender 2016 to 2017.

And I have got the same issue.  "bitdefender agent has encountered a critical error".   But I've got the error for more than a week.  

Submitting reports or contacting support does not seem to help - got no feedback at all !

Repairing is works, until you update the virus definitions and reboot, then it crashes again.   Ran CCleaner too, no change.  The error comes back.

• 2 hours ago, Hurapi said:

Well, this is weird.

I have got EXACTLY the same issue, and I mean EXACTLY.

Upgraded a computer from windows 8.1 to windows 10 and bitdefender 2016 to 2017.

And I have got the same issue.  "bitdefender agent has encountered a critical error".   But I've got the error for more than a week.  

Submitting reports or contacting support does not seem to help - got no feedback at all !

Repairing is works, until you update the virus definitions and reboot, then it crashes again.   Ran CCleaner too, no change.  The error comes back.

Hi ChrisRev and Hurapi

Have you used revo unistaller that program makes an complete uninstall of the program(removes the registry and archives of the program)