why bitdefender team Insist on online Installer ???

Mahdi
edited September 2016 in Install activation

why bitdefender team Insist on online Installer ??? when you can release offline installer and after install complete and for active we can be online :|

many people have a weak internet connection and can't be install online !

i know your country (Romanian) have a Very High speed Internet connection (more than 60 Mbps and your country is Rank #3 In the world ->>> remember we have 200 Country in the world :| ...if bitdefender company thinking about self country...why selling bitdefender product in the world ???

i want to know the exact Bitdefender point ? What is the exact purpose of only online installer ????????

Comments

• Hello,

This has nothing to do with countries and specially the origin of the product itself.

The product needs to have a internet connection for all of its features to function properly. The product has a intimate connection with Central and that up-link must be kept for Central to show the proper information and for you to be able to use the function available there.

The installer also links that install to your account and the scan during the install is using the cloud engines as the local engine would take too long and eat too many resources

Our focus is to provide the most efficient protection without compromising security. Right now the online installer is the most secure and efficient way to deliver the product.

• On 27/9/2016 at 5:50 PM, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

This has nothing to do with countries and specially the origin of the product itself.

The product needs to have a internet connection for all of its features to function properly. The product has a intimate connection with Central and that up-link must be kept for Central to show the proper information and for you to be able to use the function available there.

The installer also links that install to your account and the scan during the install is using the cloud engines as the local engine would take too long and eat too many resources

Our focus is to provide the most efficient protection without compromising security. Right now the online installer is the most secure and efficient way to deliver the product.

Yet to install the latest product you must remove the previous version, which implies that for the download/install process you are stuck with Windows Security tools. How is that safer? If it was, we wouldn't be requiring this product at all.

Also, I have about 30 licenses of BitDefender and then some more for customers I recommend BitDefender to. Seems to me like a waste of bandwidth for everybody to download BitDefender on every single install, nor to mention extremely inefficient and time consuming. 

An offline kit is required to install the basics of the product. Sure, at some point you go online to get the latest definitions from the cloud for the scans that happen during the installation but the installer files are already on the device. (like the old offline installers did)

• On 11/4/2016 at 6:09 PM, mrglmrgl said:

Seems to me like a waste of bandwidth for everybody to download BitDefender on every single install, nor to mention extremely inefficient and time consuming. 

An offline kit is required to install the basics of the product. Sure, at some point you go online to get the latest definitions from the cloud for the scans that happen during the installation but the installer files are already on the device. (like the old offline installers did)

Agreed!  Was at a clients with slow internet today and it added a ton of time to install on 4 machines.  Not to mention I have to reinstall on 2 of them!

• Hi,

Also for me, I have 3 licenses of Bitdefender Internet Security 2016... why I must download 3 times the full program.... also for me, my Internet connection is slow and I have a maximun of Gb for Month...

• because the developer are lazy and scare shitless of piracy , which is funny it is still being pirated, i been trying to install on my machine, encountering countless issues.. and the online download is slow, its like their server is hosted in India's slum or something... after my license expired i will not support them again.. 

• 16 hours ago, hwoarang5 said:

because the developer are lazy and scare shitless of piracy , which is funny it is still being pirated, i been trying to install on my machine, encountering countless issues.. and the online download is slow, its like their server is hosted in India's slum or something... after my license expired i will not support them again.. 

Hi hwoarang

What do you mean that the developers are lazy and what issues are you encountering to me the installer is normal also i have 2mbits of internet connection.

This discussion has been closed.