Time Machine completed a verification of your backups ...

I got this message twice in a couple of week, with using AntiVirus for Mac. I don't remember I've got such message before, after the first Time Machine introduction:

Time Machine completed a verifiation of your backups on "[my machine name]". To improve reliability, Time Machine must create a new backup for you.

Click Start New Backup to .... 

Is there anyone who got this message?

Is this a coincidence ? Or by other application which could have  the imcompatility issue with Sierra ? (or Sierra bug?)

This machine (A):

• iMac 27" Retina 5K

• macOS Sierra

• Time Capsule

• PowerNap

•  *** note #1 (see later)

And I have other 2 Mac running BD AVM, but I haven't receive such message. All runs macOS Sierra.

one (B) is "Time Machine"ing to TC, another (C) is TM'ing to the local USB HDD.

and "C" has the same "note #1".

Note #1 is:

/index.php?/topic/72947-what-is-this-time-machine-protection-message/" rel="">What is this "Time Machine Protection" message?

(during backup, BD risen notification messages "Time Machine Protection")

Screen Shot 2016-10-16 at 22.49.32.png

Comments

• I got the same message on my machine, today.

The machine

• MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

• MacOS Siera Version 10.12.1 (16B2555)

• Time Capsule

• PowerNap

What is the problem & how to resolve it?

• Hello,

This is a old issue a quick search on apples website can provide more information.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4207296?tstart=0

My advice is to contact Apple directly to have this resolved.

Please note that you will have to disable the Bitdefender Time Machine protection before attempting to troubleshoot this issue with Apple.

• call apple and ask them for help to optimize your TM setup. In short, a local congested network and DHCP will eventually cause errors to crop up in your TM backup.