Internet slowdown, multiple port scans and bitdefender crash

Hello everyone.

So last night I have had a rather unusual evening.

My internet was so slow that I could not do anything. Even though the ping on Google DNS was working, I was convinced that it was a problem with my ISP.

That is until half an hour later, Bitdefender alerts me of multiple port scans. 25 from 25 different IP address in under a minute (that is before I pull the plug on my router).

Internet slows down again after rebooting the router. I then decide to start a Bitdefender scan but after 45mins or so Bitdefender crashes (bitdefender services not responding or a similar message).

After a while, my connection goes back to normal.

This has kind of raised my suspicions and I would like to know where I could find the Bitdefender logs to know more about what really went down, what kind analysis I could run to he sure that the computer is still "clean".

Thanks !

Comments

• Hello,

Its not Bitdefender that you should check but your router's logs for more details regarding incoming and out going connections.

The crash itself could have been a glitch on either Bitdefender or something in Windows itself.

Please generate a BDsys log and send it to our labs for analysis, they will be able to determine if the machine is clean. bitsy@bitdefender.com

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/total-security/-490.html

• Thanks Sorin I will do this!

Unfortunately, my router is provided by my ISP (those kind of box with internet + TV ...) so I do not have access to the logs.

• follow up: I tried generating a BDsys log but the software keeps crashing. I was careful to close every application, rebooted my computer to be sure but it keeps on crashing at the step 3/15

• 13 hours ago, frodomo said:

follow up: I tried generating a BDsys log but the software keeps crashing. I was careful to close every application, rebooted my computer to be sure but it keeps on crashing at the step 3/15

Hi frodomo

Do a clean install of bitdefender maybe there are corrupt files and also check for updates in your windows machine.

• Hi Sebastian,

The software crashing is the BDsyslog.exe

As for Windows, everything is up to date

• Hello,

Do you receive a error code?

Can you please provide us with a screenshot ?

• Hello,

I don't have a special error message, just the traditional windows message "the program does not respond anymore" screenshot attached.

It always happens at the step 3/15, on a freshly started computer.

BDSyslog.png