Device Limit Reached After Update

Hi,

I am facing the same problem like many other users, after updating one of devices from Internet Security 2016 to Internet Security 2017 Bitdefender Central started showing wrong count on devices and did not activated the updated device.

Central Subscription Page says 3/3 devices in use, but in My Devices page I see only 2 (which currently run IS 2016).

I tried complete uninstall of IS 2017, removing device from central, re-installing from the link provided in central etc. and waited almost 2 days for it to recognize my device again but nothing changed.

Also opened a ticket with no response yet :(

Is it possible to refresh the Central device count so I can re-install IS 2017 to my desktop pc again.

Devices.JPG

Subscription.JPG

Comments

• Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

Your account has been refreshed, you should no longer encounter this issue.

• Thanks for the refresh Sorin,

I am now installing Internet Security 2017 to my desktop pc ... Checked from Central and Subscription paged showed 2/3, as soon as installation started My Devices page showed 2 new ghost devices, I think one will be removed after I enter my account info to the client.

Do you have any tricks or advices for upgrading other devices without facing this error ?

• Hello,

My advice would be to use the Bitdefender Uninstall Tool to ensure the machine is clean from any leftovers.

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/KnowledgeBase/file/Bitdefender_2017_UninstallTool.exe

• Coppied, will try on another device after this pc validates the subscription and works fine :) 

Thanks for the precious support Sorin

• Update ;

I used the provided Uninstall Tool on another device, following a restart installed Internet Security 2017 again and faced no problems. Device was automatically recognized and Central had no Device Limit Reached issues.

Thanks again Sorin. I will use the same process for my 3rd Windows device soon.