Total Security 2017 blocking different services

The Total security 2017 (2016 as well) is blocking different services and does not show any popup or whatever to let you know that something was just blocked and therefore it is just possible to disable different modules one after another to see which one actually blocked the app/service. 

I have had that problem for some time and tonight I decided to remove the Bitdefender and bang! All problems gone. 

I was trying to enable Chrome remote desktop connection on my pc and the service was blocked with no notice from Bitdefender app. The remote connection service couldn't be established.

Could you guys add any popup that would let us know that an app is being blocked and so we can decide if it should be blocked or not? 

Comments

• Disable auto pilot that makes bitdefender block anything suspicious automatically also if you want to disable the modules when you are on the protection tab click on view modules and then click on any cog of any module you want to disable.

• While this won't help you with the popup notifications (which I agree is a great idea), my guess is that the module causing this is Intrusion Detection, and that either lowering the sensitivity or disabling it should fix the issue (it did for me at least with C-RDC.) If not, then Active Threat Control may be the culprit?

• Is it possible BDTS2017 also blocks Windows10pro to go to a restore point?

I can't get W10pro to an earlier restore point.

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭

mab:

Anti-virus applications, not just Bitdefender, are known to interfere with restoring a restore point in all versions of Windows that I am aware of.  Try booting into Safe Mode and restoring from within Safe Mode.

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• I am using the Bitdefender Total Security on two computers with Windows 10 Pro and Home (Insider Builds). Until Insider Build 14939 it did work fine, while in all later Builds there are massive problems with downloading files, the files come corrupted - thus I cannot play online games or download update files or setup files. Even the download from OneDrive causes network error message. I thought first, it was a Microsoft's fault, but once I have uninstalled Bitdefender and all did run fine. I installed BD again and I turned off all modules, the problem still exists. I sent the request to BD service - it was almost two months ago, nothing happens. I will not buy any Bitdefender product anymore if it stay unusable.  

• Hi ZedKay,

I had a similar problem, then i followed this post, which fixed my issues.

/index.php?/topic/73242-is-bdis-2017-corrupting-downloaded-exe-files/&do=embed&comment=264007&embedComment=264007&embedDo=findComment">

• On ‎6‎-‎12‎-‎2016 at 3:53 PM, garioch7 said:

mab:

Anti-virus applications, not just Bitdefender, are known to interfere with restoring a restore point in all versions of Windows that I am aware of.  Try booting into Safe Mode and restoring from within Safe Mode.

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Dear Phil,

It worked in safe mode :)  This is probably very obvious for most people here, so  even more gratefull I am that you took the time for solving my 'problem'.

Thank you very much Phil.

Also have a great day.

Best regards,

Martin.

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭

Martin:

Thank you for your kind response.  I am glad that it worked for you.  The "gold standard" is to uninstall your anti-virus app in such situations, but my experience has been that Safe Mode will normally allow a System Restore since many anti-malware services are not running while in Safe Mode.

Have a great day, and all the best in 2017.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor