Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Antispam blocking Outlook 2010 from receiving emails

About a week ago my outlook email for a specific account would no longer receive emails.  It would make the attempt and then shortly after I would receive an error like below from Outlook. The error was always the same but the server response would be variable and contain weird fragments of HTML:

Task 'xxxx@xxxx.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC90) : 'Your incoming (POP3) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).  The server responded:        ...BUNCH OF WEIRD HTML TAGS...

After days of googling and trying all sorts of recommendations I could not find a way to get outlook to receive emails from that account.  As a last resort I finally shut off all features of Bitdefender and my email could be received.  I narrowed down the culprit and the only way I can now receive emails is if I shut off the antispam feature.

Any explanation on why this is happening and is there something I can do to fix the issue so I can continue to have the antispam feature active.

Comments