Two-step-Verification

Hi,

is there any good reason why Bitdefender Central has no two-step-verification? Especially considering that there was a hacker managed to steal some paswords some time ago... 

Comments

• Hello,

There is a feature request in place for a two step authentication for Central.

Central never had a security breach since its deployment.

Please check your sources before posting information that can misinterpreted.

• Hello,

That incident is unrelated to Central, we are talking about different platforms altogether.

The incident from 2015 you are referring to was a vulnerability that exposed less than 1% of our SMB customers(consumer and enterprise were not affected), not a hack as it would imply bypassing our protection. Regardless the issue was immediately resolved and, additional security measures were put in place in order to prevent it from reoccurring, all of our customers were advised to change their passwords as we take security seriously.

• I think we all know that two-step verification is so impressive till you need to recover your account if you lose your device. Then the extreme security measure it gives you kind of screws you over like ransomware of your making :(. I do not want two-step authentification with cell phones of any type the only thing I like is the YubiKey, and it is expensive yes at about 40 dollars the US. It will not have outage issues and has tons of cool features. Please google it.

• On 3/16/2017 at 6:40 AM, Medic427 said:

the only thing I like is the YubiKey, and it is expensive yes at about 40 dollars the US. It will not have outage issues and has tons of cool features. Please google it.

I have been meaning to purchase one of these devices - ESPECIALLY the Yubikey (I told my wife to give me one for Christmas) they have been around a while and look phenomenal. I hope GravityZone supports them very soon.