[Fixed] Bitdefender Total Security 2017 Firewall Adapters Missing

Comments

• gotogordon
    edited March 2017

Had this issue with a clients machine with Windows 7 and Total security.  For now we turned the firewall off.

There has been issue after issue with 2017!  So much that I can't in my right mind recommend or sell it anymore. 

• Printer with scanner (Epson WF-3520) on WiFi.

PC W7.

BDIS 2017.

As said here by forumers, remove/install BDIS 2017 : the firewall adapters page comes back...

... but emptied itself after a reboot.

Then no access to the printer BUT the scanner is still working !

• SAH
    SAH
    edited March 2017

I'm having the same issue with bitdefender total security 2017, OS is Win 10 Pro. No adapter showing up. Tried repair method which worked till update applied again two days later and now no adapters an unable to access HP Scanner...

Also the HP printer is no working as well.

Also I did notice this phishing alert in bitdefender . Here is  the screen snippet

58c74bb42979d_bitdefenderphishing.PNG.6e5bf463550091281ccdd051018f17fa.PNG

• rsmith7
    edited March 2017

Sorting G,

Received a new update and my wifi adapter is now showing up in the firewall exceptions list. I can now access my network resources, printers, NAS. 

Thanks for the quick resolution. 

Ray

• RokSLO
    edited March 2017

Hi,

I have updated now and rebooted but still no adapters in network list and i still cant acsess my local LAN. Please tell me if i have to do something else or just reboot...

my comp. :

Win 10 pro x64 

Lenovo X1 

Rok

• Cantenna
    edited March 2017

4 hours ago, RokSLO said:

Hi,

I have updated now and rebooted but still no adapters in network list and i still cant acsess my local LAN. Please tell me if i have to do something else or just reboot...

my comp. :

Win 10 pro x64 

Lenovo X1 

Rok

Confirmed, latest update, not working here either. Two weeks now...

• Hi to all including admin,

is there any progress regarding disscussed issue, please ? Is anybody from BD able to answer our questions and inform us shortly about current status ?

Thx

• On 3/9/2017 at 4:45 PM, THX1138 said:

I repaired my Bitdefender and it seemingly fixed the empty adapter list: https://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-repair-bitdefender-2017-1737.html

I ran it and it wiped all the settings and Firewall won't turn on at all.

• Also still having this issue, latest update definitely hasn't fixed it.

• OMFG!!! Is it really that hard to get some REAL answers from RESPONSIBLE person on BD side?

We all have PAID for Your product and we want clear answers and resolution FINALLY!

It is 2 weeks now when I do not have access to network devices at my home, I have lost MANY HOURS trying to understand what is causing this issue and how to solve it.

And BD support seems to don't give a f***k....

It might have been a mistake that I have dropped Norton for BD :(

• What is unforgivable, is that BD appears to have no process for us to revert back to 2016 until 2017 is fixed.

• Hi to All .

I have tried some "back-door" solutions. None worked.

Finally I have succeeded by repairing the installation AND ...

And this is the most important : just after the repairing and the reboot - open settings menu \   update - deactivate the automatic update, then (on the same page) disable the discreet update , choosing one of the other two options.

Pay attention : the discreet update will disable Autopilot also. Leave it disabled.

In fact this is a temporary solution until BD will find what they wrote on the last update and correct what is wrong. But do not be too optimistic : what is simple is either too evident or too stupid to be happened. Which is not , obviously , the case.

• aaaaand that's it!!!!!

I'm done with BD for good, lost my time, money and mental health just now -  BD doesn't have time to answer our questions WHEN the will finally solve the issue but they've managed to DELETE my post within less then 3 hours and give me a penalty!!!!!!!

SERIOUSLY???

You don't care about end users but remember to "keep clean" Your forum, right?

My last post (posted 3 hours ago) has been deleted and I have received an email from moderator as follows:

Hi nadol, 
    You have been warned by Sorin G. for a comment made in a topic, /index.php?/topic/75316-sent2devel-bitdefender-total-security-2017-firewall-adapters-missing/&do=findComment&comment=268961&_warn=10802" style="color:rgb(17,85,204);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:15px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;letter-spacing:normal;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;background-color:rgb(255,255,255);" rel="">[Sent2Devel] Bitdefender Total Security 2017 Firewall Adapters Missing 

Reason:

Abusive Behaviour

Content:

/index.php?/topic/75316-sent2devel-bitdefender-total-security-2017-firewall-adapters-missing/&do=findComment&comment=268961&_warn=10802" style="color:rgb(17,85,204);" rel="">[Sent2Devel] Bitdefender Total Security 2017 Firewall Adapters Missing

Penalty:

• Given 1 points which will never expire.

Note:

Hello,

While the frustration brought about the situation at hand is understandable, please take the time to read the forum rules as there are no exceptions.

/index.php?/announcement/18-bitdefender-forum-rules-read-carefully-before-posting/" rel="" style="color:rgb(17,85,204);">https://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?/announcement/18-bitdefender-forum-rules-read-carefully-before-posting/

Thank you for your understanding.

• Hello,

Running a repair on the product it reverts to the previous build, hence the Adapters show.

As mentioned by /index.php?/profile/208240-florin-savu/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="208240" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/208240-florin-savu/" id="ips_uid_7882_5" style="" rel="">@Florin Savu you can run a repair and disable the updates to bypass the current issue.

At this time there is no ETA.

Posting passive-aggressive replies or generally ignoring the forum rules will not speed up the process. The issue was in our attention from day 1 when the first report came in and we have been working on resolving this issue since then.

Should there be any news regarding the status of this issue, the thread will be updated with that information.

• Hi /index.php?/profile/201429-sorin-g/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="201429" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/201429-sorin-g/" rel="">@Sorin G.

I am interested in the repair & disable updates work-around. However, I am concerned that approach would cause out-of-date virus definitions.

I believe the many negative posts in this thread are from frustrated customers unable to find any advice posted by BD on how to be able to access their network resources without making their computer unsafe. What would help everyone is if you would post the recommended work-around to this problem.

If there is no recommended work-around, and you have no ETA, then perhaps you should revert the build back to the previous one, so updates can occur with current virus definitions, or provide a way for users to remove 2017 and install 2016 which did not have this problem.

At this time, my work around is to turn off the firewall when I need to access my network resources, and then turn it back on when I am finished accessing them, thereby minimizing my exposure to unsafe situations. I feel this approach is safe if the firewall is turned off while I am on a trusted home network with a hardware firewall insulating me from the internet.

• 18 hours ago, SAH said:

I'm having the same issue with bitdefender total security 2017, OS is Win 10 Pro. No adapter showing up. Tried repair method which worked till update applied again two days later and now no adapters an unable to access HP Scanner...

As others have stated, if you run the repair module, it does fix the issue. Just dont let it run updates afterwards as the current incarnation of the update is the culprit. I have 6 laptops to install BD on for a client and am holding off for the moment to save me the headache of complaints as to why they cannot print. Love the product but am very anxious for this bug to be resolved obviously. 

• 28 minutes ago, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

Running a repair on the product it reverts to the previous build, hence the Adapters show.

As mentioned by /index.php?/profile/208240-florin-savu/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="208240" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/208240-florin-savu/" rel="">@Florin Savu you can run a repair and disable the updates to bypass the current issue.

At this time there is no ETA.

Posting passive-aggressive replies or generally ignoring the forum rules will not speed up the process. The issue was in our attention from day 1 when the first report came in and we have been working on resolving this issue since then.

Should there be any news regarding the status of this issue, the thread will be updated with that information.

Hello, /index.php?/profile/201429-sorin-g/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="201429" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/201429-sorin-g/" rel="">@Sorin G.,

thank you for your update but many of your customers can not understand that BD does not know any estimated time for repair of this issue ... In my point of view - It is unacceptable situation for security software ... Sorry, but we pay for our security not for waiting and uncertainty...

Regards

• Sorin G.
    Sorin G.
    edited March 2017

Hello,

/index.php?/profile/208196-glock19/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="208196" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/208196-glock19/" id="ips_uid_1382_8" rel="" style="">@GLOCK19 we completely understand this, I can't stress it enough. As mentioned previously any change in the status of the issue the thread will be updated.

There are three ways you can workaround this issue.

1. Disable the Firewall

- Bitdefender > Protection > View Modules > Firewall - The ON/OFF switch is at the top right corner of the interface

2. Revert to the previous build

- Run a repair on he product - https://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-repair-bitdefender-2017-1737.html

- Afterwards disable the Automatic Updates - Bitdefender > Settings > Update

As /index.php?/profile/208114-brent2056/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="208114" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/208114-brent2056/" id="ips_uid_1382_5" rel="" style="">@Brent2056 pointed out this will make you unable to get the latest signatures

3. If the product is blocking certain Shares/Wireless Printers you can add a exclusion on their local IP (this one is more situational)

https://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-add-a-network-exception-in-bitdefender-2017-(i-cannot-access-a-device-on-my-network)-1792.html

NOTE : Since the Adapters are not available please add the IP Exclusion on all Profiles (Trusted/Home-Office/Public/Untrusted)

EDIT : Updated steps on the opening post on this thread.

• 3 hours ago, Brent2056 said:

If there is no recommended work-around, and you have no ETA, then perhaps you should revert the build back to the previous one, so updates can occur with current virus definitions, or provide a way for users to remove 2017 and install 2016 which did not have this problem.

That seems eminently sensible and intelligent and one has to wonder why that has not already been done. I have been unable to access the internet at all with my 4G mobile broadband since this update. That does not prove that this Adapter problem in the update is the issue, but my adapter does not appear anymore and I cannot access the internet with it.

2 hours ago, Sorin G. said:

There are three ways you can workaround this issue.

1. Disable the Firewall

2. Revert to the previous build

- Afterwards disable the Automatic Updates - Bitdefender > Settings > Update

As /index.php?/profile/208114-brent2056/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="208114" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/208114-brent2056/" rel="">@Brent2056 pointed out this will make you unable to get the latest signatures

3. If the product is blocking certain Shares/Wireless Printers you can add a exclusion on their local IP

I think this should be in a stickied thread of it's own, or at least inserted at the top of this one. There's a lot of stuff here to wade through to find your post.

Also, some of those work arounds are a bit technical for the target audience of BDTS 2017, your standard, IT Illiterate Home User who wants to Plug and Play and be safe on the web.

Option 2 is by far the greatest concern. A work around that makes us vulnerable to new viruses for a minimum of a week so far?

Thanks

• GLOCK19
    edited March 2017

Hello @Sorin G.,

From your posts there is evident that BD does not want or not able to answer simple question regarding to estimated time of repair. This behavior just increases stress and frustration. This is not correct and customer oriented attitude !

This is my last post because here is no chance to get any proffesional answer from representant of so known company as BD is.  I can understand that any errors can appear in so dificult product but I can not really understand that BD does not know any ETA and so leaves own customers in unenviable situation ... I know "we do our best" bla, bla, bla .... it is generally answer in most situations.

Unfortunately, based on this behavior I have to spend my time with searching of any other supplier of security solution.

Good luck ....

VERY UNSATISFIED customer

BTW ... bellow you can see answer to my ticket submitted to BD five days ago regarding to discussed problem ... Answer talks just about "display bugs" ...

Thank you for your patience and for all the details you shared.

Our team was able to reproduce the two display bugs exactly like you describe them. 

The case has been sent to our development team for further analysis and a fix. We do not have an estimated time for the release of the fix, but we will offer you an extension on your subscription after the case is solved. The extension will take into account the time needed for the fix as well as extra compensation. 

Thank you very much for your understanding and patience. If you have any other questions, we're here for you.

• 9 hours ago, Sorin G. said:

3. If the product is blocking certain Shares/Wireless Printers you can add a exclusion on their local IP (this one is more situational)

https://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-add-a-network-exception-in-bitdefender-2017-(i-cannot-access-a-device-on-my-network)-1792.html

NOTE : Since the Adapters are not available please add the IP Exclusion on all Profiles (Trusted/Home-Office/Public/Untrusted)

I did this and it didn't work. The only way to access the printer is by completely disabling the firewall. Please let us know when we can expect a fix - obviously we didn't buy a security product only to then not be able to use a major part of it (the firewall) or to not be able to use the latest virus definitions.

• I find this very disturbing in a so-called world-class protection software. I have 3 PCs that have not had access to local network services such as printers and shared drives for 2 days, and turning off the firewall (or relying on Windows to protect me) is not an adequate or acceptable work-around. I would have expected far better support than this and an absolute priority to fix it, or simple reversion to a previous, working version while it is being worked on.

• 5 minutes ago, ECourts said:

turning off the firewall (or relying on Windows to protect me) is not an adequate or acceptable work-around. I would have expected far better support than this and an absolute priority to fix it, or simple reversion to a previous, working version while it is being worked on.

Reverting to the last good build plus allowing antivirus updates is the only credible and viable option, and I don't understand why this was not done on the day it was reported.

What about small business with always-on broadband and a small network? Should they let all their ports be open to hacker scans from 9:00 to 5:30 every day just so they can get on with their work? And then find their address books have been spoofed and all their customers are getting viruses, trojans, worms and financial requests from Nigerian princes?

This is a security crisis and BD have shown incredibly poor crisis management so far.

Come on, BD! Pull your finger out!

• 16 hours ago, Sorin G. said:

/index.php?/profile/201429-sorin-g/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="201429" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/201429-sorin-g/" rel="">@Sorin G.

Workaround #3 does not work. I tried that last week and again today. I suspect it does not work because the adapters are not available to apply the exceptions to.

• I have been experiencing this issue for some time now.  Have BD come up with a solution yet?!

• RokSLO
    edited March 2017

I am an IT guy and i DONT understand why they dont go to previus build and let the definitions be updated. I am sure that upgrade and definitions are not bundeld together OR they have serious s....t hole in the code...

• SebastianDI
    edited March 2017

Guys i have an idea. Try this:

Open CMD command box as admin. Then type in:

shutdown.exe /r /t 0

Maybe this helps. I think it works after Windows restarted this way....seems it helped for my BD Total Security 2017...

;=)

Cheers. And enough bout blaming BD, those guys do their best i think to solve the probs.

• 5 minutes ago, SebastianDI said:

Open CMD command box as admin. Then type in:

shutdown.exe /r /t 0

But what is that and what does it do?

Cheers. And enough bout blaming BD, those guys do their best i think to solve the probs.

So, who was it wrote this software package and released a broken build with no fix for over a week? How do we contact them?

• SebastianDI
    edited March 2017

@Utterly using the hammer method doesnt work them faster on the bug. With more stress from customers the more fails they produce inside their software. They need some time fixing it accurately.

the shutdown stuff means a clean restart, no hybrid restart, just a clean reboot and loading all accurately back into windows.

https://www.deskmodder.de/wiki/index.php/Herunterfahren_Windows_10_Tipps_Tricks_auch_zum_Ruhezustand_Verlinkungen_und_mehr

The restart function is important if you have installed drivers or for Windows Update etc.

This will completely shut down Windows 10 and reboot without reading the old stored information from hiberfil.sys.

Restart is easy on the Start menu. Regardless of whether start menu, or the other possibilities.

Create link for reboot

Right-click the desktop / New / Shortcut

Enter the path:% windir% \ system32 \ shutdown.exe / r / t 0 or shutdown.exe / r / t 0

Name assigned, done.

Now, right-click on the new link / Properties to change the icon and then attach to the Start menu.

Cheers and try it out, maybe it helps! I would land my hand into cold water for it, that this works ;= LOL

•  

8 minutes ago, SebastianDI said:

the shutdown stuff means a clean restart, no hybrid restart, just a clean reboot and loading all accurately back into windows.

https://www.deskmodder.de/wiki/index.php/Herunterfahren_Windows_10_Tipps_Tricks_auch_zum_Ruhezustand_Verlinkungen_und_mehr

This will completely shut down Windows 10 and reboot without reading the old stored information from hiberfil.sys.

Cheers and try it out, maybe it helps!

Ah, I have Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Thanks for posting the fuller details. Might have been an idea to have linked that first time round. :D

With my recent experiences on the internet, I am reluctant to even click on things on web sites.

So I certainly won't be running random commands posted by people I don't even know on a forum. A link to a Microsoft or similar help page, maybe.

Cheers!

• SebastianDI
    edited March 2017

No prob buddy, the link was only for explanation.

I remembered back a year ago that some sound blaster cards needed this command to keep settings.

I used this command in CMD as admin and it seems the settings got saved. No adapter gone.

I understand the doubts but u can try it out at least to check if it works on your PC too.

Cheers!

shutdown.exe /r /t 0

should work in any Windows version. ;=)

• On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 0:28 PM, leapinglogic said:

Also still having this issue, latest update definitely hasn't fixed it.

Another one with the same issue here.

10 hours ago, Utterly Disillusioned said:

Reverting to the last good build plus allowing antivirus updates is the only credible and viable option, and I don't understand why this was not done on the day it was reported.

How has BD not allowed for this workaround yet?

• Same For me. Has been since last week. Thought it was my computer at first as i can not print with Bit Defender firewall on. Have spent hours last week uninstalling printers, resetting routers Clearing adapter caches and stuffing around with Firewall and task settings etc....... Not Happy

Bit embarrassing when you have customers waiting for quotes and you cant print and they have to wait for you to email it to another computer and print from there WTF.

Would have been nice and helpful to notify people when there is an issue. Basic respect i thought.

Hope Windows Firewall is ok......... Can't use BD.

Might have to take the hit on subscription and try something else as a last resort.

• I registered with the forum just to share with you guys something that worked for me.

First my setup: 

Win7 Pro x64, home DSL w/ wireless router (connecing through wireless)

Next my solution:

While connected to wi-fi, open Network and Sharing Center. Click on 'Manage wireless networks' on the left panel to bring up

the network list (the network you are connected to should be shown). Right-click and select Properties. Click the 2 checkboxes

'Connect automatically when this network is in range" and "Enable WLAN connection settings". Hit OK to close and reboot. Once logged

back on, open the Bitdefender UI/View modules/Firewall and check the adapter list. If all goes well, you should now see the Wireless

adapter and possibly the Teredo Tunneling adapter where you can change the configuration.

I tried repeating this problem by undoing the changes I have made, and the adapters did disappear as before. Checking the boxes

brought the Wireless and Teredo Tunneling adapters back. Also, once the adapter list appears, disconnecting from the network and

reconnecting doesn't break it, however if your initial connection was wireless then the adapter list continues to show the wireless

network, even if I turn off wireless and plug in a wired connection. Same is true vice versa.

The fact that automatic connection brings back the adapter list makes me think that Bitdefender expects to find adapters with active

connections at the time of loading its services during logon. Connecting later will not update the adapter list. I personally prefer

connecting to wireless networks manually on demand so having to connect to a network automatically is still kind of a 'workaround'

for me rather than a solution. 

And I agree with the posters above, in that BD's approach to a what turned out to be a significant issue wasn't very different from

one you would get from an small amateur company that sells buggy software developed by 1-2 guys in their garage. I've come to like and

trust BD as professional creators of powerful and reliable software and would like to keep it that way.

I did not try connecting to my company network yet to see if my NAS drive and my printer will work or not, so I could not verify if

making the adapter list appear really allows for access through the firewall. I'm really curious if this will work for anybody else,

so let me know the results.

• Simber
    edited March 2017

Windows 8.1

All my computers connect automatically through my wireless.

Everything works fine except when i print to printers on the same wifi. Have nothing else connected to network.

Something else that is weird and only happens when i lose adapter is that on my dual monitors the security widget moves to the 2nd monitor and does not stay where it should............? It only moves when i have lost adapters. Stayed when i did repair and re-install etc until the dodgy update hit my computer.....

Been in and changed settings to private network in Windows to see if that helped. Deleted profiles, deleted device drivers, deleted tasks,Nothing !

Repaired twice was good until update. Uninstalled and Re-installed good until update

Spent hours mucking around last Fri night ( not happy ) for nothing as i need to print. The moment i release BD firewall everything is fine.

Suppose on a positive i have greatly expanded my computer knowledge on back ground tasks, hidden settings etc.

Shame all this has come at the expense of business time.Curse of self employment. Thankfully i had nothing better to do last Fri night than spend 16 hours trying to get basic things working.

I fully understand how complex a software package like this would be, as stated above one simple email or message would have saved me hours of wasted time trying to find a problem within windows that did not exist and i am sure there are many more who are just reading this thread with no input who feel the same.

• I'm doing a 30 day evaluation of BTS 2017 and this issue is cause for concern. I was looking to replace my current product with something better. I read numerous reviews putting BTS at the top of the list and I am beginning to wonder why. So far, not really impressed. this issue has soured me. If they cannot give a ETA for a fix, I will continue to look for something else.

• avpman
    edited March 2017

18 hours ago, Simber said:

...one simple email or message would have saved me hours of wasted time trying to find a problem within windows that did not exist and i am sure there are many more who are just reading this thread with no input who feel the same.

Amen to that. Shame on BD for not alerting us users to this issue sooner. They self-admitted they have been following this problem from day one. Just read through this thread. We all know, and most of us accept, sh** happens from time to time. Just tell us so we don't waste our time. BD - you certainly do have all registered user's email addresses on file don't you?

• On 16/03/2017 at 4:30 AM, RokSLO said:

I am an IT guy and i DONT understand why they dont go to previus build and let the definitions be updated. I am sure that upgrade and definitions are not bundeld together OR they have serious s....t hole in the code...

My best guess or only acceptable excuse for this happening for me would be that a recent windows update has broken something and to that end, I wonder if other anti-virus programs with firewall protection have this same issue currently, anyone know?

• 2 hours ago, avpman said:

Amen to that. Shame on BD for not alerting us users to this issue sooner. They self-admitted they have been following this problem from day one. Just read through this thread. We all know, and most of us accept, sh** happens from time to time. Just tell us so we don't waste our time. BD - you certainly do have all registered user's email addresses on file don't you?

agreed

• I seem to be having a similar problem...can't print without BD firewall off, and I have no adapters listed in the Firewall Adapters section.

I do NOT have an installed NIC. I am connected to my network via USB-based WIFI adapter.

I have added my printer IP to 'Network Exclusions', as 'Trusted/Allowed' and as 'Home/Allowed'.

Please see attached screenshots.

Total Security 2017

Scott

BD_firewall_2.JPG

BD_firewall_1.JPG

• peter tja
    edited March 2017

For what it's worth: I have the same problem and made a ticket for a complaint. I got an answer that the issue should have been solved with version 21.0.24.54 of BTS, which was released yesterday of maybe a day earlier. I was happy that finally the problem seems to be solved ....  but you never know, first I would like to see it myself!  

So I started the update of BTS en yes! It showed the right screen when i asked it through the  BTS icon in the tray (see first attachment here: version 21.0.24.54 as predicted by customer service was running). With rising confidence I went to my BTS to see if the adapters were there ... ... and it turned out NO, THEY ARE STILL NOT THERE!  And also my Brother printer is still offline with the firewall up.

But then I checked the BTS version number through the classic Control screen via windows-R command shell to see what Windows itself has to tell about version numbers installed and to my surprise there was in the list still the old version running according to windows 10 64b what I am running (BTW: I have to use the classical control screen because the windows 10 control version screen does not show version numbers (grrrrrr). 

So what is now the real version of BTS that is there after the update?  I show in the second attachment my installed program list including BTS. This list was made BEFORE the update of BTS, but it didn't change at all by the BTS update, so I don't need to add another list of installed programs, beause they are the same, I have checked that several times. Very strange! 

Can some of you do the same check and see if after the latest BTS update the BTS icon (through 'About') and your windows 10 installed programlist are also showing different versions like the case is here with my computer?  (I am using a ZEN-book UX501VW)

I have suggested to the Customer Service to fully reinstall BTS. I am waiting for their answer now .. 

In the mean time I will try what HW_Bob was suggesting. maybe that will work. And maybe I will do a total reinstall of BTS anyhow now there is an update

BTS'17 version 21.0.24.54.JPG

Schermafdruk 2017-03-17 17.26.20.png

• SebastianDI
    edited March 2017

Good evening!

Yes sure no prob. Here Multiple device management is sometimes lower version, that doesnt matter. if u try to reinstall BD clean, then u might get higher version of this multi device. Counts on luck i guess.

Then screeny:

And do me the favor, try out this command here in CMD command console:

shutdown.exe /r /t 0

and after u hit enter, it will restart - the adapter might show up again, saved.

just test it!

Cheers and a good weekend to you.

lololol.png

trollolo.png

lolololollolol.png

• oh stop thinking that shtdown command is helping IT IS JUST SHUT DOWN AS YOU CAN PRES OFF BUTTON ON LAPTOP ITS THE SAME !!

and i can explain shutdown is reset /r - reset /t /0 - means time 0 wich is immeditly...

• SebastianDI
    edited March 2017

ROK and i can only say that this command works for me, my girlfriend and for my dad. Then after a restart all is saved and the adapter does not go away.

and now?

u say this and u dont test it i guess.

i dont want stress was only a help.

And aggro mode does not make them work faster and accurate on the problem. I repeat. This command works so that the adapter does not go away. thats all.

cheers.

PS i understand the anger but what can we do???? We can only wait and doing a workaround. It was not an affront against you. Peace.

• peter tja
    edited March 2017

I tested this: I pressed the Off button of my laptop and the laptop went OFF, (not standby or sleep mode). Then I switched it ON again and the versions are unchanged. Also nothing was changed in the BTS situation after the reboot. Problem still there.

next step: I will use that command. Let me see what happens then after that. I will do it now.

• SebastianDI
    edited March 2017

Pete this is only so that the adapter doesnt go away.

tested on 3 machines and it worked. peace.

Will watch football now. Later i come back to check the stuff. I think the solution i gave is an acceptable workaround. Good weekend to all here and till later.

• peter tja
    edited March 2017

wow it seems to work! I am having an adapter again, it is in dutch but you can see the structure. "Openbaar"= Public in English, "Thuis/Bureau" = Home/Office, "Netwerkuitzonderingen" = Network Exceptions ... so here you learn a few Dutch words.

I have changed it to Home/Office so it should be open for my local network only, and I do have the printer online again, you can see it in the screendump I am adding here. The version in the program list is still the old one and not the new version. But that is unimportant I learned.

Next step is to reboot a few times to see if this change is permanent. I will after that also try to let BTS update itself to see if that will have any influence. Here we go ... I will update this page after this experiment is finished or if there is something interesting to report.

Update 1; after 1 full reboot: no change: firewall works okay! Printer is online!! 

Thanks SebastianDI and have a lot of fun with the Football!

BTS solved after sebastians tip.JPG

BTS in Home-Office mode.JPG

• SebastianDI
    edited March 2017

And then a hero comes along...

look i only remembered back a year ago soundblaster cards needed that command to save settings. Great it worked.

Cheers. I am NOT a profi. Was only logical stuff. So all works, even printers. Great. So it has to do with hiberfil file? dunno. anyways thanks for all. I found it out since days, people had only to test it tho ;=) Even tho the changes are not permanento, if u use cleaner on reg, always try the command i showed u. Then its saved back again.

shutdown.exe /r /t 0

THANKS DESKMODDER.DE! Not me ;=)

to Pete: the Version u see in Deinstaller is irrelevant. It is okay as it is.

• peter tja
    edited March 2017

Thanks Again, Hero ...  I rebooted several times now and everything (except the version number in the program list) is fine! 

About DESKMODDER.DE: no idea where to find him, send him my thanks on behalve of me, if possible. 

I have a rose for you, from my garden, it's a truly selfmade picture.

rose in 4k from peter tja - v20170317.jpg

This discussion has been closed.