Update Location is not working

bhanubais
edited January 2017 in Update

The "Update Location" of Bitdefender Total Security 2017 is not working and showing Update encountered en error" with error code:- 1002).

Actually the following path mentioned in "Update Location" is not working

http://upgr-mmxvii-cl-ts.2d8cd.cdn.bitdefender.net/

Actually, above Url is giving "403 Forbidden" Error.

bitdefender-update-error.png

bitdefender-update-location.png

update-location-error.png

Comments

• Please, I am having the above challenge, that is,

The "Update Location" of Bitdefender Total Security 2017 is not working and showing Update encountered an error" with error.

Actually, the following path mentioned in "Update Location" is not working

http://upgr-mmxvii-cl-ts.2d8cd.cdn.bitdefender.net/

Actually, above Url is giving "403 Forbidden" Error.

. How can I resolve it?

• Hello,

Error 1002 given when the machine doesn't have a internet connection or poor connectivity. Try again and see if the issue persists, if it does try restarting your router.

The Update location can only be accessed by the product and not via browser.

• I am having the same problem..how does one resolve it? I had no Internet access yesterday at all. Today I do,but the problem is still in my Bitdefender???

Does no one reply or know how to fix this problem??

• Have you checked if Bitdefender updater is allowed in your firewall exception list ?

Cheers img%5D

• Bonnie70 if you have windows firewall, follow these few easy steps  default_happy.png

Control Panel> Windows Firewall> Adwanced Settings

Than search for Bitdefender* in inbound and outbound rules list. Modify to allow.

• Bonnie70
    edited April 2017

ok..did that..the error is still there as of the 24th of April in Bitdefender..now what? Thanks very much for the reply.:D

I did quick scan as well..says the error is there still^_^

OK fixed now..says the error was there on the 24th of April..but my PC is working better.

• OK fixed now..says the error was there on the 24th of April..but my PC is working better. What do u think of malwarebytes? I had it and that is when the error came up and screwed up my PC..Thanks.

Bonnie

• I have similar problem and automatic updates no longer work on Bitdefender Total Security 2017,

Bitdefender firewall is running and there's no way to allow Bitdefender in the rules for that I can find. 

Last think anyone needs with rapidly changing threat landscape is an AV product that has to be updated manually

• Hello,

/index.php?/profile/209279-jamie94/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="209279" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/209279-jamie94/" style="" rel="">@Jamie94 do you receive a error message ?

The product updates hourly by default while the auto pilot is enabled.