Random popup window - bdagent.exe - No Disk

Seemingly randomly I get a popup window that has the title "bdagent.exe - No Disk". The text in the window says, "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk5\DR7" (the numeric drive designations can vary). The response options are Cancel, Try Again and Continue. If I click on Continue, I get a sound and then the window goes away.

How can I stop this window from popping up? It happens about once a day and has been popping up for several weeks.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium with 8GB RAM and using BitDefender Total Security 2017.

Tagged:

Comments

• I just noticed something new about this issue. This all happened AFTER I had gotten rid of the popup window. I rarely print out hard copy, but today I was printing and had to change the ink cartridges due to poor print quality after I had already printed several pages. It's a local printer connected via USB cable to my PC. After I changed the cartridges, I could not print anything; I got a message that my printer was offline. I tried several things to fix it, but nothing worked. I thought, I'll just reboot (the desperation approach). My wife and I were both logged on so I switched users to go to her session so that I could log her off and then reboot. Once I got to her screen, there was that same popup window that I had had. Once I dismissed that window, I went back to my session and all of a sudden I could print again.

Why would that popup window in my wife's session interfere with me printing in my session and why would that popup window come up in my session as well as in my wife's session? This is odd.

• Hello,

Please contact our support team at bitsy@bitdefender.com and provide them with the logs from the Bitdefender Support Tool.

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/How-to-generate-a-support-log--1168.html

It would also help the support team if you provided them with a screenshot of that error message.

• I have the same issue:  Error messages, apparently generated by "bdagent.exe" "There is no disk in the drive.  Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk3\DR"  The number of the "missing disk" changes from time to time.  In addition, when I look in Windows Explorer, I see 3 "phantom disks" ("E", "F" & "G"), which according to Explorer are resident/attached to this computer.  No such disks exists!

Dell Drive Error.JPG

Dell Drive Error.2.JPG