I want to install Total Security 2017

Gentlemen of BitDefender Company,

I want to install Total Security 2017 - as your new 2018 version is the worse I ever seen.

Any atempt to install other version than 2018 is failling. Where could I find the installation executable for Total Security 2017 - please let me know.

And - may I remind you - I never paid the license with the scope of losing my time. But your conduct (BitDefender staff)  makes me losing the time which is not acceptable.

Comments

• I've also been having serious issues with their new 2018 version (I have an open ticket) and have asked for complete instructions on how to go back to 2017.  So far their only response has been for me to reinstall 2018 (TWICE so far and the problems persist).   I you haven't already, I think you need to totally uninstall 2018 (including BD Agent) before you try to install 2017.      

• Thank you @reddogs . In fact my big problem now is the fact there is no link to the 2017 version of TS.

I have also opened a ticket - but they do not want to face that BD 2018 is not a working version as 2017 was. Well, after one month and a half (even for 2017, as I remember)

• The link may not be displayed at their web site but you can be sure a link to the 2017 version still exists ... they just need to provide it to us.  (Not holding my breath. :) )   I've had 2018 for only 14 days and I've lost count of the number of times I've had to restart my PC because vsserv.exe is unavailable/not responding.  On a brighter note, most of the other stability issues I've been having do seem to be resolved. 

• are there any significant differences between bd2017 and bd2018? If not, I'd want that too. V2017 is so much better - a flawless system.

• 1 hour ago, JoshyBB said:

are there any significant differences between bd2017 and bd2018? If not, I'd want that too. V2017 is so much better - a flawless system.

No obvious differences that I can see.  The Wi-Fi Security module wouldn't recognize my home network in V2017 so I was told to upgrade to V2018 to resolve the problem.  Haah ... V2018 doesn't detect it either so upgrading was a waste of my time given how many times I've had to re-install it to try to resolve vssserv.exe unavailable problems. 

• See this post

/index.php?/topic/76782-internet-access-blocked-by-firewall/to&do=embed">

to grab the bd 2017 offline installer. when you uninstall bd 2018, leave the bd agent there which will be used by bd 2017.

• @JoshyBB is correct, do not uninstall BD Agent or 2017 installation will fail.

• According to a technical support engineer we are not able to revert back to TS 2017, We have to go back to TS 2016 which is a bunch of crap as stated they surely still have TS 2017 on some server somewhere. I agree that TS 2018 was released too early at least IMO and TS 2017 worked so much smoother and no issues. Some of us have been waiting since mid July for a solution to the ATD not enabling on Win7 and still no fix in site.

I posted about the flawed logic and my dis-satisfaction with Bitdefender at this time in a post located here. /index.php?/topic/77245-customer-service-flawed-logic/" rel="">Here

• I have complete installation package of TS 2017. Because of several issues with 2018 version I uninstall it and install 2017. A week ago after an update a message pop up and told me that the new version (2018) has been installed. So no matter how you find a way to install 2017 version, it will upgrade automaticaly to new version. Now I'm with 2018 and my webcam doesn't work because of bitdefender.

• I am so close of removing this piece of garbage. Bitdefender 2018 has caused nothing but issues. My computer is slowing to a crawl when having VPN enabled and no matter what I do, there is no fix. I had Norton before Bitdefender and I had absolutely no issues ever. I should NEVER have changed.

Bitdefender 2017 worked fine. Like others I downgraded after having issues only for it being overwritten by Bitdefender and installing the 2018 garbage.

I am really angry.

• " So no matter how you find a way to install 2017 version, it will upgrade automatically to new version"

Not sure about the Total Security version, but on 2017 Internet security version there is a way around this, albeit that you have to manage updates for yourself. If you go into settings and disable automatic updates, then when you ask it to update, a tick box will pop up giving you the option of signature updates and product updates. As long as you dont select product update, it wont update to 2018.

Like many on these forums, I had nothing but problems when they kindly "updated" me without asking, so had to revert back to 2017. Manual updating isn't ideal, but at least I get a working product and hopefully they will eventually resolve all the bugs that are in 2018.

regards

• Wow, this is ridiculous!! IS THERE GOOD SUPPORT ANYMORE!?!?! Ive been trying so many av's and firewalls lately, and either they dont even try to be good, or dont care what the customers want(i.e. webroot wont let you set exclusions?!?, according to them you dont need to. Then i ask why the business edition you can, no answer...). Or here, seems they care, and try to put out a good product, but somehow they dont want to acknowledge the problems. Its almost worse, the potential is there, but will it happen?? Im on a 90 day trial with only a few weeks left,  and thinking of buying 2 family editions or one family and one box for the parents. Im afraid to even go look on the box forums!! Like the first person said, sick of "spending my time", its very costly! Would rather pay more for a product that works, or at least issues are acknowledged AND fixed. I notice tjhey are offering the family and higher end at huge discounts, wonder why?!? But if i waste hours Im not saving anything.....

• Well i just spent the last half hour looking in the box forums and more of the older posts in this forum, and time to move on. Most topics are ignored completely and the others are barely helpful or again wont acknowledge there is a problem in the first place.. 

• On 10/11/2017 at 8:22 AM, jimmyjam99 said:

Well i just spent the last half hour looking in the box forums and more of the older posts in this forum, and time to move on. Most topics are ignored completely and the others are barely helpful or again wont acknowledge there is a problem in the first place.. 

same here.BD TS 2018 is a total fuc*k up and they force us to use it i really want to revert to 2017 version (which is useless it will autoupdate to latest)

i have many problems with paranoid mode, firewall , exclusion & safe files which all was ok in 2017 many options and configs are removed or unusable

the support doesnt respond to tickets and forums is user to user ...

get your shi*t together devs fix this