contextual scan

tf44
edited December 2017 in Protection

I,m on windows 7 64bit computer and have noticed that since bitdefender total security update to 22.0.15.189 my right click on mouse button the bitdefender scan,file shredder,and vault options are not showing in menu.Was anyone else having this problem.Thanks for any reply.

Tagged:

Comments

• Yes dear "tf44" I installed bd total yesterday and have the same bug. context menu of bitdefender shell is missing.Also I have another problem,If I right click on my computer icon and select manage an error will shown"entry point not found ....".I contact support team but steel the problem not solved.

• Many thanks Reza@bb for reply.Hopefully they will get it fixed soon.

• SebastianDI
    edited November 2017

when i right click on a file, i see file shredder. i see the BD symbol and then...let me see i see - shredder, scanning, tresor.

cheers.

• 13 hours ago, SebastianDI said:

when i right click on a file, i see file shredder. i see the BD symbol and then...let me see i see - shredder, scanning, tresor.

cheers.

When I right click on a file or folder or driver I dont see any bitdefender icon...

screenshot.png

• 23 hours ago, tf44 said:

I,m on windows 7 64bit computer and have noticed that since bitdefender total security update to 22.0.15.189 my right click on mouse button the bitdefender scan,file shredder,and vault options are not showing in menu.Was anyone else having this problem.Thanks for any reply.

This is reply from support try it and say result please:

To try and address the situation, please try the following:

- Open Command Prompt with administrator rights by going to Start -> search for cmd -> right click on cmd and choose "Run as Administrator"

- type cd C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security -> hit Enter 

- afterwards, enter the commands: 

regsvr32 /u bdshellext.dll -> hit Enter

regsvr32 bdshellext.dll -> hit Enter

Let us know if everything is OK afterwards.

• Thanks for your reply and fix from support,but it did not work for me.I tried it and rebooted computer and also in safe mode.The computer took the commands and unregistered regsvr32 /u bdshellext.dll  with success and registered  regsvr32 bdshellext.dll  with success,but still not in menu.I hope it worked for you and anyone else with the problem.I really appreciate your time and  trouble.

• You're welcome tf44, I hope this bug fixed as soon as possible .

Hey bitdefender development team;

Instead of selling your Av engine to competitors ,please fix your top suite's bugs :-(

• Solarr
    Solarr
    edited December 2017

Hi,

Bitdefender context menu is missing. I am unable to scan files/folders from context menu (or use file shredder).

I reinstalled Bitdefender Total Security 2018 but that didn't work.

Please help.

Thank you.

Context menu.jpg

• Mindrucencu
    edited December 2017

Good morning,
    If you use another security product (Zemana) then it is possible that Bitdefender conflicts with Zemana and does not work properly. I recommend you use only one security product.

And Malwarebytes may conflict with Bitdefender. Bitdefender Total Security is listed as the best product in the world, it is useless to use other security products.

• Real-time protection is OFF in both Zemana Antimalware and Malwarebytes (Free). I use them both as on-demand scanners only.

Also, I installed both Malwarebytes (Free) and Zemana Antimalware yesterday itself. The problem of Bitdefender context menu missing was before that too.

• I would try a "deep" uninstallation with Revo Uninstaller, when you select uninstall select the most aggressive method, it will delete all traces of the program, just do not forget to select all files and folders when the it shows you those.

• Hello,

Firstly avoid using 3rd party uninstallers on any anti-virus product. You may find yourself with leftover drivers that can cause all sorts of issues. Use the manufacturer's uninstall tool, you can find Bitdefender's here http://www.bitdefender.com/uninstall

As for the thread at hand please install the Microsoft C runtime 2015 for both 32 and 64 bits and run a reinstall from Control Panel or simply reinstall the product.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

• Hello,

We are currently working on resolving this issue.

For the time being the easiest workaround is to install C runtime 2015 for both 32 and 64 bits. If its currently present on the machine please uninstall it and reinstall from the link below :

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Afterwards please go to Control Panel and Reinstall Bitdefender

• Many thanks Sorin G.That fixed the problem for me.

• I uninstalled Bitdefender Total Security 2018 using the Bitdefender's uninstall tool, then installed Microsoft C runtime 2015 (32 and 64 bits) and finally reinstalled Bitdefender Total Security.

The context menu is now present!

Thank you Sorin G., Maki711 and Mindrucencu for helping.

• Hello,

The issue has been resolved in the latest build 22.0.17.205

Please note that the update requires a reboot to take effect.

• This did not work for me.

Uninstalled BD... Downloaded Microsoft C runtime 2015 and installed.  Reinstall Bitdefender.

No bitdefender option in the right click menu.

There is no option to scan a single file in the right click menu.  Bitdefender doesn't show in the menu.

I read and followed the steps in this post, but no change.  Bitdefender still doesn't show in right click menu. Any ideas?

/index.php?/topic/77966-bitdefender-context-menu-missing/&tab=comments&do=embed&comment=278054&embedComment=278054&embedDo=findComment#comment-278054" style="height:249px;max-width:502px;">

• Same problem.