Unable To Connect To The Server

2»

Comments

• Tekgrrl
    edited January 2017

Same issue, new PC build, clean Windows 10 install and "Unable to connect to the server" messages.  ping nimbus.bitdefender.net  works with 41ms latency. Given that I want my PC protected you've got one chance to fix this. If you can't then I'll use another AV solution.

BTW: It's very likely a Windows Firewall issue. Amazing that Bitdefender have not been able to work that out

• Hello,

/index.php?/profile/207104-tekgrrl/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="207104" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/207104-tekgrrl/" rel="">@Tekgrrl the initial issue reported in this thread has long been resolved. The thread has been sidetracked as it shares the same error message.

Please add the Google DNS and retry you should no longer encounter issues.

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

• Ok..so having the same problem I'm seeing here in the forum. Have tried all the suggested fixes but am still not able to access the server on one of my machines..it's as though the  Family pack I bought will only recognise one machine.Have done all suggested fixes, though I was asked to replace only .bdnc.ipv4 and not bdnc.ini in each folder. Waiting for next level of support , but in the interim, any up to date suggestions as of 3rd June 2017? Concerned to see that some folks still have no resolution 30 days later.

On 3/15/2016 at 11:17 PM, FACE_YTT said:

I had the same problem, and now its working for me.

Ok..so having the same problem I'm seeing here in the forum. Have tried all the suggested fixes but am still not able to access the server on one of my machines..it's as though the  Family pack I bought will only recognise one machine.Have done all suggested fixes, though I was asked to replace only .bdnc.ipv4 and not bdnc.ini in each folder. Waiting for next level of support , but in the interim, any up to date suggestions as of 3rd June 2017? Concerned to see that some folks still have no resolution 30 days later.

On 3/27/2016 at 12:36 AM, CyberDude4819 said:

On 3/4/2016 at 6:01 PM, Georgia said:

We have developed a potential fix for the issue you report. Please follow the steps below and let us know if they help:

1. Download (save on your computer) the 3 files from my attachment.

2. Then restart Windows in Safe Mode and place both bdnc.ipv4 and bdnc.ini in these two folders:

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender Agent

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016

If you are prompted, choose to replace the files that already exist there.

At the end, bdnc.ini and bdnc.ipv4 must be in both Bitdefender folders.

3. While still in Safe Mode, replace ProductAgent.json from C:\Program Files\Bitdefender Agent\settings with the file ProductAgent downloaded at step 1.

4. Restart Windows normally and try again to login to Bitdefender Central from the product.

Please keep us updated with your progress.

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=14587" rel="">bdnc.ipv4

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=14588" rel="">bdnc.ini

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=14589" rel="">ProductAgent.json

Will this work for the same problem with 2017 or is it now out of date?

• On 12.1.2017 at 6:37 PM, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

/index.php?/profile/207104-tekgrrl/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="207104" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/207104-tekgrrl/" rel="">@Tekgrrl the initial issue reported in this thread has long been resolved. The thread has been sidetracked as it shares the same error message.

Please add the Google DNS and retry you should no longer encounter issues.

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

Configuring Google DNS solved the problem for me immediately in Antivir 2018 plus

• Changing DNS also dont work,

It actually detect my account as it send me password reset messages, do not accept wrong password etc.

http://nimbus.bitdefender.net/  give bad request always

bd.bdnc.net give error requested URL could not be retirved.

I have changed DNS but it blocks my internet.

I tried to change three files i.e. .ini .ipv4 and .jason in specified folders but they also dont work.

It had worked in my home but not working in my office.

I can not access the settings of the antivirus too

earlier version works great but this one dont work at all

hope i will get some help

regards

• Hello,

Your office network must be heavily restricted.

Since it works on your home network and not the office network. I would advise contacting your IT team and remove the restrictions and see if the issue persists.

• Crazy. I tried all the troubleshooting steps by using uninstall tool, replacing those 3 files and it didnt work.

What did workConfiguring Google DNS  https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

• I just purchased Bitdefender internet security 2018 from Frys to replace my expired Webroot. What a mistake! I tried everything mentioned in this thread it still gives me "Unable to connect to server". Is this a bug in the software or something else? I should have stayed with Webroot to avoid this endless headache.

• This is terrible....same problem, what the heck!!  One would think that the bitdefender folks would get the basics right.  Thank goodness I tried the free version first.

• I am having exact same problem. When I try to activate after install, it says it cannot contact the server. Half the time when I log into Bitdefender Central, it says 'Internal Server Error' and I have to exit. This happened on all 3 of the clients computers, all different models, 2 win7, 1 win10. Worked with Bitdefender tech support 2 hours, they were unable to fix. Went home, bought a license for my own personal computer to test out, exact same thing happened. This was on a completely different computer, in a different city 10 miles away from the client, on a completely different internet service provider. 4 installs, none work. I am an AVG reseller and was going to change all of my customers over to Bitdefender because AVG no longer works along with Malwarebytes. I guess I'll have to find another product to change my customers over to. Not going to go through this with hundreds of computers.

• May be an internet issue. When running a traceroute at both locations, there are so many timeouts that the Bitdefender login times out quicker than a traceroute can get to the final destination for nimbus.bitdefender.net. Bitdefender will have to get with their server hosting company (Amazonaws) and maybe have them check their routing. Keep in mind that this happens at 2 locations 10 miles apart, one with Charter as ISP, and one connected to the AT&T fiber network.

• Hello,

I will be closing this 2016 thread as many of you seem to post in relation to 2018.

Best that you start with the Google DNS to see if its a DNS issue, afterwards work up to updating your network card's drivers.

Should the above yield no results check your internet connection and any restrictions made by your ISP or IT department (if you are in a office environment). If you connect from a public Wi-Fi the same rules apply.

The IPV4 file is no longer in use as it has been removed from recent Agent builds.

If all fails you can always contact our support team via bitsy@bidefender.com with the logs from the Bitdefender Support tool.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1733/

This discussion has been closed.