Bitdefender Services are not responding

Well as if I wasn't having enough problems I got this error message for the first time in all the years I've been using BD software (Win 7 64 Bit). Can you please point me to the Bitdefender Uninstall tool so I can rid my system of your buggy software? I've rebooted three times and the error is still occurring. UNACCEPTABLE !!!!

BD Critical Error.png

Tagged:

Comments

• fresh229
    fresh229 ✭✭
    edited February 2018

Same on my site. Suddenly during gaming, Bitdefender stopped working.

I guess the cause is the VPN Update (22.0.18.224) , I read something about this.

I did a reinstallation but now, its not updating....

Please take care of that, I think there are more users affected!

• Riot2212
    edited February 2018

There are, I am a computer tech and we know of 6 of our customers so far. this isn't a few machine effected, because with you two this makes 8 i know of so far, and I am sure the number will climb, this is a bad update or something.

Windows 7

Windows 10

Both are effected. Have not heard of a windows 8... yet...

• Time to bring the technicians back into the office for some late-night fixing :D

• Had the same thing happen to me and rebooted and now Bitdefender doesn't work at all.  Get this error

image.png.9927cc82113b82356c59babac16c2428.png

Is anyone out there that can fix this thing?  Online chat isn't working.  Have they been hacked?

• So I'm not the only one. I have also noted that the site seems to be out of whack, sometimes leaving 504-errors and randomly toggling between asking for my name/mail and "Our agents are not available at the moment" in the chat support.

Anyone got an idea when this will be fixed? It's hardly a small problem.

• Same here; happened right after a routine update

• Davoid
    edited February 2018

Yea, same problem here, just started system and having the same issue. Rebooted as suggested, but no difference.

Also notice if I go into my account in central, it says I am protected?

• I got it running again by uninstalling and reinstalling it.... but now I am not sure if I am 100% protected :-S

• All my systems. ALL. I will not ever use nor recommend bitdefender. This is completely unacceptable.

That is not a over reaction, this should NEVER happen!

• Same for me, just started this morning :(

• Same here, about half an hour ago, two computers are having the same critical error out of the blue while just browsing the internet as usual

• I have the same problem. I got the same message, while it was updating. It suddenly stopped working, and it wouldn't restart after three reboots.

I have the paid version of VPN.

Windows 7, 64 bits.

I contacted support before coming on here.

• The same in Germany. :(

• I have Bitdefender TS 2018 on 9 machines and they are all affected by this same error. Can't get a hold of support. I imaging they are flooded with people calling about this same issue.

• Diazruanova
    edited February 2018

Same here, about half an hour ago, two computers are having the same critical error out of the blue while just browsing the internet as usual. Mexico

• Same here. Not feeling great about having my computer exposed without AV protection

• Same here...had to uninstall...trying to reinstall now so we'll see if it works or not... This really should not be happening. Windows 10 pro all updates installed

• GPax
    edited February 2018

Same here, just like everyone else. Not surprised that chat support is unavailable; must be overwhelmed with complaints.

Interesting that our other computer had the update, but without incident. Mine originally ran Windows 7, but was upgraded to Windows 10; the other came with Windows 10.

• RonMod
    edited February 2018

This morning an update was pushed and required computer restart - after restarting (TWICE) the problem continues. I am not able to access BD at all, and am not protected. Using Bitdefender Total Security. 

NO TECH SUPPORT - chat is not manned at all. This is probably the worst problem as I am rendered UNPROTECTED. This is the second year that I've used BD Total (renewed a recently - still 360 days remain) - since I'm unprotected I'm regretting switching from McAfee, at least they had tech support. 

Looking for a solution here in the forum I was not able to find one and the only responses from "technical support" was rude complaining from the "tech" - guess they can't be bothered by paying customers. 

• I had the same message and can't reach anyone via chat or phone. What's happened to customer support? I just renewed my Total Security - and now this.

• Waynevr
    edited February 2018

Same error appeared whilst gaming. I re-installed Bitdefender TS 2018 but now it will not update. Windows 10 here.

Update: I just recieved a notification "Update requires reboot to complete" updating...

Update 2: On login windows said that my antivirus is out of date and Bitdefender will still not update, it's still broken.

• Same here, I have BT Total Security 2018; it's nice that the Romanian phone numbers don't work neither!

• Same problems here, this is third time in 11 months of using Bitdefender.

I had NOD32 for more than 10 years and it never crashed this way, never!

• Same here. Got through to support and they said it is a known issue. They told me they are working on a fix and to wait for an update.

• I am having the same issue as listed above.  Cannot get through live chat or via phone.  Phone lines are dead.

• Hello.

Started my computer and Bitdefender just stop working tried to restart it like 15 times and tried to send a support E-mail and it didn't work so trying to post it here don't know where else to go with the problem.

Windows 7 64x

Thank you.

Bit_Screen.png

• Same problem here.

• Same problem here. Happened pretty much at the same time.

• Rob777
    edited February 2018

Same problem here happened about 50 minutes ago

image.png.47156d5079feca39f1f079835c305eaf.png

• Same here, no answer to the phones and no chat.  This least they could do is let us know they have an issue.  Really bad sign to me.  I share the opinion of the opeple saying this should never happen.  

• Same issue on laptop and desktop at login - cannot get through to support via chat or phone.

• So what is a good alternative to buy?

• Same issue with Bitdefender Internet Security 2018

• 8 minutes ago, Titang said:

Same problem here. Happened pretty much at the same time.

Same problem after update

• Same problem.

Live support chat unavailable for last hour despite from web site.

"Our knowledgeable technicians are at your disposal 24/7! We're here to answer any question and resolve any technical issue you may be experience"

• Same problem here.

• 2 minutes ago, Rick2wise said:

So what is a good alternative to buy?

not many, nod32 was talked about in here earlier, but if you look how effective it is vs bitdefender, bitdefender is better, this is the first time i have seen bitdefender put out a bad update in all the years i've dealt with them

• Free version bitdefender, also stopped working, after the next update!

• No mention on their twitter feed as of about 5 minutes ago.  

• 2 minutes ago, Rick2wise said:

The question is, can you name any antivirus that hasn't had a bad update at some time?

• Same problem, and can't get through to support!

• 3 minutes ago, Rick2wise said:

I used Kaspersky before. BestBuy dropped them because of the whole russia thing, which is too bad. However, I think they still have more credibility than some other options.

Eset was one of my favorites, but they don't seem as good as they once were. McAfee is not my first choice but that is what I have switched to at the moment until I decide whether to go back to Kaspersky. Bitdefender is out for sure now.

• Having the same issue. I've tried contacting them every way possible until I found this thread. There are a few people posting about it on their Facebook page too. This is my first issue with their software, but this is a big problem. I hope they at least acknowledge the problem exists very soon. Customers do not like being left in the dark.

• RonR
    RonR
    edited February 2018

Same issue on Win 7. Same problem with BD tech support - NO info on this.

FWIW, I have done a System Restore back to a few days ago, this fixed the immediate problem and BD is now running again. I haven't received any Windows updates since that restore point, so the problem must be with BD and some recent update in the past 24 hours or so.

Problem now is that Windows 7 Action Center is claiming that "Bitdefender reports that it is turned off", when it clearly is not - the BD icon is correct, reports that I'm in 'Autopilot mode', and the BD main screen comes up correctly, showing I'm 'protected', when I click the icon's "Show" menu option. However, the BD now screen reads (as of 4 minutes ago) that "Update requires a restart", which I'm not about to do, since I believe this will just re-start the cycle.

p.s. interestingly, I have the same BD product running on a Win10 system alongside this one. No issues there and no update pending... %-\

• Same issues. Sent an email to customer services, I renewed my subscription few days ago and want a full refund. Uninstalled BD. Installed Norton for time being.

• Happening to me as well.......... so if it can't run, how will it update when they fix it?

• Just now, Imidis said:

I used Kaspersky before. BestBuy dropped them because of the whole russia thing, which is too bad. However, I think they still have more credibility than some other options.

Eset was one of my favorites, but they don't seem as good as they once were. McAfee is not my first choice but that is what I have switched to at the moment until I decide whether to go back to Kaspersky. Bitdefender is out for sure now.

first bad update in years and people cry like its the biggest thing in the world, how many times has windows put out bad updates and people still use them, how many times has apple put out bad updates and people still use them, every anti-virus has put out a bad update at some point.

• 2 minutes ago, Chris-G said:

The question is, can you name any antivirus that hasn't had a bad update at some time?

The question here to ask, have you had a bad update that left all your systems completely unprotected? No I must be lucky, because in my 20+ years, I do not recall an update that left ANY systems open.

• tonyhag
    edited February 2018

Started with same issue about 30 minutes ago for me also, so really nice having zero protection and how does one update if the thing keeps crashing.

• Same problems as per everybody else.