Bitdefender Still On My System After Uninstalling

RavenChan
edited February 2018 in General

I don't know which section this belongs in so if I'm in the wrong spot, sorry.

So, a while back, I uninstalled Bitdefender 2018; I had the free version. The problem I had with it was that it decimated my CPU, I was almost always at 80-90% just by having Bitdefender installed, so I uninstalled it and went for one that was more friendly towards my PC's processor. Today, I started having issues starting the service for the new antivirus program I got, but the strange part is that whenever I try to start the service, I get a Bitdefender error even after uninstalling.I have a screenshot if needed. As per the instructions given to me by the error, I'm also including the dmp file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BitDefenderWhat.thumb.png.5b34c2c462d9ac448e05113edae0af91.png

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=17677" data-fileid="17677" rel="">BitDefender Threat Scanner.dmp

Comments

• Have you tried the Bitdefender uninstall tool? 

• 5 hours ago, RavenChan said:

I don't know which section this belongs in so if I'm in the wrong spot, sorry.

So, a while back, I uninstalled Bitdefender 2018; I had the free version. The problem I had with it was that it decimated my CPU, I was almost always at 80-90% just by having Bitdefender installed, so I uninstalled it and went for one that was more friendly towards my PC's processor. Today, I started having issues starting the service for the new antivirus program I got, but the strange part is that whenever I try to start the service, I get a Bitdefender error even after uninstalling.I have a screenshot if needed. As per the instructions given to me by the error, I'm also including the dmp file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BitDefenderWhat.thumb.png.5b34c2c462d9ac448e05113edae0af91.png

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=17677" rel="">BitDefender Threat Scanner.dmp

Before uninstalling Any AV (Especially Buggy Norton!) Always First disable All... in Add-Ons, then Open/Close your browser Twice- Or You Will have Leftovers...!

BTW- Norton's uninstall tool, Just Hides it (I did Advanced Total uninstall, and still thousands of mb. if you show Hidden files...).

• 17 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

Have you tried the Bitdefender uninstall tool? 

The uninstall tool just crashes.

Before uninstalling Any AV (Especially Buggy Norton!) Always First disable All... in Add-Ons, then Open/Close your browser Twice- Or You Will have Leftovers...!

BTW- Norton's uninstall tool, Just Hides it (I did Advanced Total uninstall, and still thousands of mb. if you show Hidden files...).

Yeah, I know how bad Norton is, but it's interesting to know that all antivirus programs leave files behind. I'll definitely make sure I do this next time I have to uninstall my av.

I guess I'll just make sure not to mess with my antivirus' service(s). That's only when it started popping up.

• Hello,

That error is not from the Bitdefender product but from an application that uses Bitdefender technology.

I would advise contacting Lavasoft regarding this error.