Bitdefender Free update failed

Bitdefender free try to update earlier and it said. Update failed, error -2019.

Tagged:

Comments

• I had this issue 1 month ago. The solution was to uninstall it with a tool Bitdefender support sent me, and then re-install.

It started happening again today. Bitdefender has also decided my network printers are malicious sites, and won't allow them to print. I think it's time to find another antivirus program...

• Well i have no printers or anything connected to my laptop and i'm not going to uninstall and reinstall every time this happen i was testing the free version out see if i wanted to buy the paid version. If this is case then i will pass on both and find another antivirus.

• The main issue I had last month was that I could not unistall it at all. Had to get a unistall tool from support, that they don't have available on their website. Very annoying.

I agree, I wouldn't pay for Bitdefender at this time.

• 9 hours ago, Whaven said:

Bitdefender free try to update earlier and it said. Update failed, error -2019.

Same here. It started anytime yesterday. The last update has been successfully applied yesterday afternoon (see screenschot).

No successful update since then, I repeatedly get  the -2019 error.

BAV.PNG

• reb0rn
    edited July 2018

same issue/time, I started using free version month ago, as I don`t need and nor like blotware from paid ones they offer...  pls fix this looks like its global

would be nice to add manual update button to free version also, I don`t need a lot but hey you are far from avira/avast free offer!?

• Marius G.
    Marius G. QA Engineer BD Staff

Hello,

Issue was identified and a fix is currently being delivered. Please keep in mind that it may take some time until the patch reaches all devices.  

• 6 hours ago, Marius G. said:

Hello,

Issue was identified and a fix is currently being delivered. Please keep in mind that it may take some time until the patch reaches all devices.  

Did you fix the issue where it blocks network printers too? Been happening for a long time, even if I exclude the ip address.

•    Is there another solution? The previous stated doesn’t work for me.