Whats new? Change Log?

Hello, Just came to know that 2019 product line is now available. Can I know the new features that were added to 2019 version? Any major changes to UI? Yeah, I went and saw product page but couldn't find clear details, so I'm asking here. Is there any change log available for latest public build? When will it be rolled out for auto update?

Comments

• I read that the auto update to 2019 versions is expected to be rolled out sometime in August according to what the beta testers were told.

• Wortex
    Wortex
    edited July 2018

New UI, free VPN and lots of improvements have been made.

More information: Launch 2019

Yes, currently only way to upgrade from 2018 to 2019 is to uninstall previous version and install 2019 version.

bui.png.9b1e10a003a914c7ee07f39e381ed66e.png

new2019.thumb.png.084b3cd0e0c60ede9a4332b1a15183d1.png

• chinnavignesh
    edited July 2018

Thanks to both^_^. New UI looks better than old boxy suspicious looking window. Will wait for few months so that they iron out all bugs. Btw few reported issues with Vulnerability Scanner, did you guys have the same? So if I uninstall and install 2019 version will my settings and Vault data gets erased?

• @chinnavignesh - I did notice that BD 2019 flagged some uninstalled Windows updates which don't apply to my system, but I read that's a known issue and may be what you're referring to. I just ran Windows update to ensure I have all applicable updates installed and ignored the BD warning. When you uninstall BD 2018 as described here, you are given the opportunity to permanently remove it (which warns that it will remove all related data which I believe you can export to the cloud to save first if desired) or if you plan to reinstall it which will preserve your related data and settings. Hope this helps!

• Just found an easier method to upgrade from an earlier version of BD to 2019 on this support page.

• I tried the 2019 version and find it way too bloated and heavy, despite what Bitdefender may say.

At idle with around 6 modules running in Task Manager, it was using around 500 mb.

In contrast my Kaspersky 2019 runs only 2 modules in Task Manager, and at idle using only 85 mb and usually lower than that.

Bitdefender has more work to do, before I use it again.

• On 7/22/2018 at 5:05 PM, Fenderman1 said:

I tried the 2019 version and find it way too bloated and heavy, despite what Bitdefender may say.

At idle with around 6 modules running in Task Manager, it was using around 500 mb.

In contrast my Kaspersky 2019 runs only 2 modules in Task Manager, and at idle using only 85 mb and usually lower than that.

Bitdefender has more work to do, before I use it again.

Still running at around 500 mb at idle. I realise that Total Security has plenty of features, but currently running NINE modules in task Manager ? !!!!

At least browsing and other tasks don't seem to be affected, but still....................:unsure:

This discussion has been closed.