Bitdefender 2019 blocking GTA Online

Does anyone have a fix for this? I've tried whitelisting all the .exe files for GTA V and Social club, and allowing all of them through my firewall. 2018 worked fine with the exceptions added, but 2019 does not appear to be doing so.

Tagged:

Comments

• Hi, 

The issue has been sent to our development team as we were able to reproduce the situation internally. Thank you. 

• same problem...

• news???

• On 8/7/2018 at 11:32 PM, Sergiu C. said:

Hi, 

The issue has been sent to our development team as we were able to reproduce the situation internally. Thank you. 

Any update on this?

• I have opened a ticket with Bitdefender because I am experiencing the same issue. I understood that it is a known issue and the team is working to resolve it. 

I have tried to manually disable, one by one, every module of the Bitdefender (i use Total Security) and no luck.

If you completely uninstall the Bitdefender suite, the game will save again. Anyhow, this is not a solution. Something must be done is order to use GTA Online and Bitdefender too..

• Hi,  I have the same problem, I tried them all and it seems that for now the only solution is to return to Bitdefender 2018. 

• Can you provide a link in order to download bitdefender 2018?

• Hello Rhinlux

You should find what you are looking for here :

https://www.pcmobitech.com/download-install-bitdefender-offline/

Dan

• 3 hours ago, TheRaspyBoi said:

Hi,  I have the same problem, I tried them all and it seems that for now the only solution is to return to Bitdefender 2018. 

How did you get back to Bitdefender 2018?

• It seems that the link address posted by a username has been deleted (maybe it interfered with the forum rules, or something like this).  Search on google for a bitdefender 2018 offline installer.

• Thanks bro :)

• Hi...I don't believe that BD ever offered an offline installer for the 2018 version,  so if you find one by googling, it will be thru a third party and there will always be some risk involved when downloading this type of software.

• I can confirm that GTA Online saves fine with Bitdefender Total Security 2018 installed. I have managed to downgrade to it via an offline installer.

Let's hope that meantime they resolve the issue in 2019 edition so that we can migrate to the newest version. 

• 21 hours ago, rhlinux said:

I can confirm that GTA Online saves fine with Bitdefender Total Security 2018 installed. I have managed to downgrade to it via an offline installer.

Let's hope that meantime they resolve the issue in 2019 edition so that we can migrate to the newest version. 

This won't help. Later this month they are due to do an auto-upgrade of all 2018 installs to 2019. At this point, 2019 is still broken for this specific feature, so if they auto-upgrade people there will be many who are unable to play GTA Online. I still want a fix for this.

• N1k0
    edited August 2018

Some news?

• I received answer to the ticket i have raised. It says that the issue is resolved in bitdefender 2019 and you have to update the solution. 

However, i am still on bd 2018, did not try yet. 

• 4 hours ago, rhlinux said:

I received answer to the ticket i have raised. It says that the issue is resolved in bitdefender 2019 and you have to update the solution. 

However, i am still on bd 2018, did not try yet. 

Good news I am now away from home for a few days and I can not if there is anyone who can confirm would be grateful

• I can confirm that it works. I am currently playing right now with no issues. Will write back if something changes.

• 2 hours ago, Carter4point8 said:

I can confirm that it works. I am currently playing right now with no issues. Will write back if something changes.

Good news finally have solved if you can check if they have also fixed the function of the optimization in real time? Thanks 

• Hello,

Well its not solved for me, i still have the problem. GTA Online cannot save the game progress. The only solution for that problem is to uninstall BD.

I have uninstalled BD now and using another product. No saving problems anymore.

• Hi,

An update has been released to address this situation. If you're still encountering this issue please restart your computer so that all the latest updates are installed.

• I confirm that the problem seems apparently resolved, now comes out of the game without the error of the failed save.

I suggest updating Bitdefender from the application bar icon with the right mouse button and clicking update

This discussion has been closed.