"System has been blocked" firewall. How to override "System" to allow?

Hi

I am connecting to work via Fortigate VPN.  When on VPN, I can ping the work servers, I can remote desktop to the work servers,  but the only thing I can't do is "browse" via explorer to the work servers.  I have narrowed it down to the following "Application Access" rule that is blocking system. (See attachment).  Explorer has been allowed so I know its not that. (See attachment)

The issue is that there is no EXE mentioned, so how do I add a rule for "System" to allow?

Regards

Adrian

bitdefender2.png

bitdefender.png

Comments

• I'd run a scan first.

• Hi,

Do you have an IP that you can add, with explorer.exe as the application?

• Hello, I have a similar problem as OP, I have blocked all connections on Bitdefender's firewall and then I created rules on the apps that I need the access allowed, so when I see an app been blocked I simple follow the root that it shows on Bitdefender and make an exception on it so doesn't get blocked like the rest.

But I keep having this app blocked named 'System' but does not show any root address like I normally get with the rests of the apps when they get blocked so I don't know where to find the address for that 'System' app so I'm able to add it as an exemption.

• I suspect this is true with any VPN software.

The issue: You can connect to your VPN, but you can not map any network drive.

Bitdefender's Firewall 'Application Access' tab shows "system has been blocked"

Go to the Firewall - Settings in Bitdefender.

Go to the 'Network Adapters' tab.

Set your VPN setting to 'Home / Office'.

Also, click the 'Home / Office network' button at the bottom of the page.

Go back and try to map your drive again.

• Same problem. "System has been blocked" doesn't mean anything. System what? every network connection has a process with a nem behind and an executable. Please provide a fix

• Same problem. "System has been blocked" doesn't mean anything. System what? every network connection has a process with a nem behind and an executable. Please provide a fix