Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Blocked File (macro.vba)[solved]

Options
tm_bd
edited May 2008 in Malware talk

Dear All,

I'm a new user of BitDefender Internet Security 2008.

In my 5th day of the trial period I have come across a issue that I am unable to solve:

A list of Excel spreadsheets have been blocked by BitDefender because "file may be infected with macro.vba".

I have created these macros in Excel myself. So, if there is a virus that somehow have crept in (I'm not discarding that option), I would like BitDefender to clean them and get on with it. Otherwise, I would like to be able to flag those files as clean (and get on with it). What I cannot have is BitDefender preventing me from using/accessing my own files.

So, short of disabling BitDefender Internet Security 2008 (which surely defeats the purpose), what can I do to solve my problem?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

TM

crysty2k5's EDIT: SOLVED

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited May 2008
    Options

If you created them, you know what you did !

You can put the files in Exceptions(Open advanced settings->Antivirus->Exceptions)

Please pack the files in a zip or rar archive with the password infected and attach it here !

• AndreiASM
    edited May 2008
    Options

Most likely it`s a false positive. Follow Cristi`s advice and upload some saples in an archive protected with the password infected.

• tm_bd
    Options
    If you created them, you know what you did !

You can put the files in Exceptions(Open advanced settings->Antivirus->Exceptions)

Please pack the files in a zip or rar archive with the password infected and attach it here !

I am not aware of having done anything out of the ordinary. Not least because the computer at work has not flagged up the file has an issue. Nor my own laptop, which has been running Norton Internet Security 2008 (with daily updates) up to a few days ago (when I decided to give BitDefender a spin).

I attach an archive with the offending file and the log report of BitDefender trying and failing to clean it.

Thanks for your help,

TM

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=2082" data-fileid="2082" rel="">blocked_file.zip

• vlad
    Options

The file is clean; a macro from it triggers the heuristic. The easiest workaround is to simply except the folder containing this file from scanning.

• adamian
    Options

Hello,

Detection will be removed and will not be detected anymore soon.

--Andrei

• tm_bd
    Options

I didn't fancy the option of adding the file to the exception list because I use the Excel spreadsheet as a template, which gets copied each time I acquire a new data set.

I guess all I have to do now is update the software and this issue will go away - I'll do it straight way.

Thanks for your help.

TM

Hello,

Detection will be removed and will not be detected anymore soon.

--Andrei