Update failure, when checking from system tray icon > update

cee_naa
cee_naa
edited September 2018 in Archive

So, after contacting customer support today due to apparent updating issues, I have come to a conclusion (with the help of their knowledge) that the update process gives the "Update failure" message whenever there's no update available. Not only that, but it also leaves no info behind, just the Update window with "View details" link which directs you to the Notification center which has nothing to report. :blink:

1.png.310f0b25324a57c1c104b8c2110b9c76.png2.png.f77d54a4d40643897595488c544835f6.png

I believe I'm not the only one that would agree that this misleading message should be replaced with something more accurate like "No updates available" or similar. That way users won't think something is off and resort to contacting support and reinstalling the product for no reason. <_< Like I did...

Still it's funny how the update button was removed because it "confused some users", but something like this was considered a logical decision. 

Tagged:

Comments

• Sergiu C.
    Sergiu C.
    edited September 2018

Hi,

This is not intended behavior and it will be fixed in a future update.

The error is displayed when no new updates are available.

• when i right click the icon in the system tray and choose update now the result is always update failure.. Clicking on the details tab brings me to the notifications tab but nothing was added there ...

i'm on 23.0.9.25 bitdefdender antivirus plus

check video in attachment

20180831_1221_14.avi

• Already reported to the developers. 

• On 8/31/2018 at 7:41 PM, cee_naa said:

Already reported to the developers. 

Indeed, you are correct.

I've merged the two topics and added tags to indicate that the bug has been reported. 

Thank you!

• I can confirm that this problem has been fixed after the latest update (v23.0.10.31).

• DonNH
    edited September 2018

Just installed Total Security 2019 last week. Today an update was installed. Things seem to be working fine; but, my dashboard is still showing an Update Recommendation.

• 59 minutes ago, DonNH said:

Just installed Total Security 2019 last week. Today an update was installed. Things seem to be working fine; but, my dashboard is still showing an Update Recommendation.

I believe this is a new issue. Already made a thread on this: 

/index.php?/topic/79585-problem-after-the-latest-update-v2301031/&do=embed" style="height:339px;max-width:502px;">

• That's the one, Thanks.

• I have updates set to 12 hour intervals due to the fact that Bitdefender updates interfere with my gaming. Now I usually update manually when I feel the need, now I am getting no updates at all since September 2nd according to Bitdefenders notification interface. I get database is out of date errors from Autopilot, also noticed the update from the tray icon completes but when I choose the update from the Autopilot in the main interface it is stuck at zero. Hope this issue is addressed soon. 

Kind Regards,

Anthony

• 49 minutes ago, AntonyMagnus said:

I have updates set to 12 hour intervals due to the fact that Bitdefender updates interfere with my gaming. Now I usually update manually when I feel the need, now I am getting no updates at all since September 2nd according to Bitdefenders notification interface. I get database is out of date errors from Autopilot, also noticed the update from the tray icon completes but when I choose the update from the Autopilot in the main interface it is stuck at zero. Hope this issue is addressed soon. 

I have my updates set to 1 hour and I also have not received any updates since September 2.This is on windows 7 64 bit computer bitdefender build 23.0.10.31 .I have 5 other windows 7 64 bit computers on bitdefender build 23.0.9.25  that are receiving updates.

• cee_naa
    cee_naa
    edited September 2018

1 hour ago, AntonyMagnus said:

I am getting no updates at all since September 2nd

7 minutes ago, tf44 said:

I also have not received any updates since September 2

The issue has been confirmed and the fix is on its way. ETA currently unknown.

• AntonyMagnus
    edited September 2018

12 minutes ago, tf44 said:

I have my updates set to 1 hour and I also have not received any updates since September 2.This is on windows 7 64 bit computer bitdefender build 23.0.10.31 .I have 5 other windows 7 64 bit computers on bitdefender build 23.0.9.25  that are receiving updates.

I see, it is good to know that I am not the only one having these issues! I was worried I got attacked or ransomed by some rogue malware.

Anthony

• Thanks cee_naa for the updated information and AntonyMagnus I also very concerned about the updates.

•  

7 minutes ago, cee_naa said:

The issue has been confirmed and the fix is on its way. ETA currently unknown.

Yes thank you for the update cee_na. 

Kind regards,

Anthony

• I will close this thread as the bug initially reported here has been fixed in build 23.0.10.31.

For the update issue mentioned in the last few posts here, please refer to:

/index.php?/topic/79585-problem-after-the-latest-update-v2301031/&tab=comments&do=embed&comment=284526&embedComment=284526&embedDo=findComment#comment-284526" style="overflow: hidden; height: 219px; max-width: 500px;">

This discussion has been closed.