Problem after the latest update (v23.0.10.31)

cee_naa
cee_naa
edited September 2018 in Archive

After the latest update the UPDATE RECOMMENDATION notification seems to be permanently stuck, stating that the virus database is out date.

If you try to update from the notification, it get's permanently stuck at 0%.

Updating from the tray icon works with no problem, but even after a successful update, the notification doesn't disappear.

Capture1.PNG.204e8ebb464be881c8eb7915afa42cf9.PNGCapture2.PNG.79a2630c964d396aa46f032dda80b186.PNG2090006336_Capture3.PNG.b3eddfdb36979b910da79ac26448b727.PNG

Tagged:

Comments

• I have had the exactly same problem since yesterday. Sometimes the 'update' takes an hour but still the system continues to recommend you to run an update. I have so far run 7 'update' attempts

• Same problem here. From the moment it updated to this version, I see a long log of errors for the update. All have the error code -1022 (no reference found on the net). 

• Having the same issue.

Is there any update on this yet?

• Yes, I have the same version, same problem. I have had no updates at all since September 2nd. Just tried it again and same results, use the update feature from the tray icon it says updated, use the one from the Autopilot main interface that says database is outdated I get stuck at zero percent with no updates.

• Hi, 

This issue is currently being investigated by our development team. I don't have an ETA on the status of the fix yet. 

• It seems that the updates of the virus database have completely stopped after the latest quality update. We currently really are out of date.

• Sergiu,

Thanks for the update, and I hope they fix it soon! 

Kind Regards,

Anthony

• Big Jake
    edited September 2018

Thank you for the reply Sergui

Is the product still fully protecting the computer while this issue is getting resolved?

Thank You

•  

47 minutes ago, Big Jake said:

Thank you for the reply Sergui

Is the product still fully protecting the computer while this issue is getting resolved?

Thank You

The Bitdefender protection sevices are not affected by this glitch. 

• Currently also having this issue, I hope it's fixed soon.

• Francesco
    edited September 2018

Having the same issue too. 

Thanks

EDIT: I tried to open a ticket through the antivirus program, but at the end of the gathering of diagnostic information it can't connect to the server and say that internet connection does'n work. Perhaps it is related to the same problem as the update service

• Francesco
    edited September 2018

Released patch 23.0.08_0001 installed automatically and after reboot the update is back to work (at least for me).

Thanks

• Adding myself to this group having the same issue....Total Security 19...asks you to update and the screen remains at 0%

• Same here. I'm seriously thinking of ditching this product. Only been using it for a couple of months and really makes me wonder what their testing regime is like. On the surface looks pretty appalling. I've been able to go through the apparent process but it never completes. What's more annoying is the constant reminder to update. So what else is it missing? This is actually much worse than when I last used BD two years ago and I gave up on it then.

• The patch seems to have resolved this particular problem.

This type of issue occurs when the a new version of software is tested by the developers themselves but not thoroughly tested by a 'User Group' - a lesson I have learned from bitter experience.

• If you uninstall VPN and restart computer the update will work.

• Hi, 

Please update the product from system tray (right click Bitdefender icon > Update ) , then restart after the update is complete. The issue should be fixed after the restart. 

• I can too confirm it works now.

• Big Jake
    edited September 2018

Hello Sergiu

Update seems to have resolved the issue.

Thank you for keeping us updated.

I consider that the marks of a good company to provide a fix that quickly, great job.

Kind Regards

Big Jake

• It is gone now.

This discussion has been closed.