Printer Canon TS6050 not working with Bitdefender Total Security 2019

I installed Bitdefender 2019 again on my Windows 10 64 bit system and the printer Canon TS6050 (all in one) does not seem to work anymore.

Additional information: I'm working with a Windows 10 Build 17738-rs.5 release 180810-1706 (Windows Insider Programme). Initially Windows Defender and Bitdefender 2019 were working together, but in the latest build this problem was solved.

Does anybody know what could be the reason why the printer is not responding? I tried to add an exception rule in Bitdefender's firewall, but it does not seem to help. So I had to uninstall Bitdefender 2019 (sorry) and everything is working well now again.

Thank you.

Tagged:

Comments

• Hello,

Was it working correctly with the Firewall disabled?

• Hi Sergiu,

Thanks for your reply. I did not try this option, because I did not know that you could disable the firewall.

Best regards,

Luc

• I am having a similar issue with my canon MB2720.  Worked fine until I installed BD 2019.  It won't work even if I turn the firewall off; however, it does work if I uninstall BD 2019.  Does anyone know how to revert back to the previous version?  Too many bugs in this one.

• Hi,

I have the same issue on my desktop. Windows 10 64Bit and 2019 Bitdefender antivirus plus. Nothing prints using my new canon TS5020, but scanning works great.

if you uninstall 2019 Bitdefender printing works. 

Opened support ticket 8/2/2018 and issue still not resolved. Support had me try a couple of things with no luck 

I send documents to my laptop that I need to print, such an inconvenience. 

• BTW, they won't let you revert back, leaving customers in the dust......

• I had to install another antivirus solution. This works without any problem.

• I had to install another antivirus program to get my canon MB 2700 series printer to finally work.  It works fine without BD 2019 installed.  BD tech support has provided no assistance in resolving this issue.  I'm not sure if the "turn the firewall off" option is working completely in BD 2019.

• Have the same issue. Sent a ticket. Works when I uninstall Bitdefender 2019. Works on computers on the same network without Bitdefender. Similar issue on work network with a different canon printer and computer if BD 2019 is installed.

Informed work solution is to uninstall BitDefender. Our office is going with a different option and now I look bad for recommending BD.

• Have the same issue here. No scanning from HP Deskjet 3520 on Windows 10. I had to turn firewall off. How to correct this?

• On 9/21/2018 at 8:12 PM, rolandje said:

Have the same issue here. No scanning from HP Deskjet 3520 on Windows 10. I had to turn firewall off. How to correct this?

The problem is now solved. I had to set the network adapter to Home/Office (it was on “automatic”). Now I can scan again.

• greenstreet
    greenstreet ✭✭
    edited September 2018

I tried and reinstalled Bitdefender 2019: my printer scans also but does NOT print. So I had to return to my previous solution. This bug is a pity for a good antivirus solution like Bitdefender. It's also a pity that Bitdefender provides no assistance and that we have to pay for an app that is not working as it should.

• same here, 4 PC in my family. 1 network printer (Canon).

After upgrade to latest version 2019 none of us is able to print.

the only solution working is to completely uninstall Bitdefender.

• Had the same problem with my TS6050 and Bitdefender 2019. Prints just sit in printer queue. 

Running printer trouble shooter worked as a temp fix, but has to be done for each document. 

• Yep, same issue here with BDTotal2019 and my Canon TS6050. Can’t believe these things happen, will be looking for refund soon if not fixed.

• Update - tried everything the live chat bod suggested tonight, didn't work. Only thing that has worked was to uninstall BD. I'm now going to request a refund. 

• Hi Everyone,

We are aware of this behavior and our development team is working on addressing it.

I'll make sure to keep you updated on this thread.

Thanks!

• On 10/3/2018 at 2:29 PM, Stefan I. said:

Hi Everyone,

We are aware of this behavior and our development team is working on addressing it.

Thanks!

Thanks Stefan for letting us know this is being looked at. Hope it gets a fix soon.

Jon

• On 10/3/2018 at 3:29 PM, Stefan I. said:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks!

Thanks for your feedback Stefan! I appreciate it!

• On 10/3/2018 at 3:29 PM, Stefan I. said:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks!

Hi Stefan

do you ahve already a rollout plan for the fix? Thank you

M

• Hi everyine,

Had the same problem with my TS6150 and Bitdefender 2019.

Job stuck in the printer queue.

• On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:29 PM, Stefan I. said:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks!

Hi Stefan,

The problem is solved with the latest build?

Thank you!

• BitDefender Total Security 2019

Build 23.0.11.48, Windows 10 Pro, ver. 17134.345

Tested on Canon MG6650 (Wireless) and it's working now.

• On 9/15/2018 at 10:13 PM, chrisd1 said:

I have the same issue on my desktop. Windows 10 64Bit and 2019 Bitdefender antivirus plus. Nothing prints using my new canon TS5020, but scanning works great.

if you uninstall 2019 Bitdefender printing works. 

Opened support ticket 8/2/2018 and issue still not resolved. Support had me try a couple of things with no

Hi, 

Indeed the issue of not being able to print through some canon printers, even with all Bitdefender modules disabled,  should be fixed. 

If this is still occurring for anyone else, please go ahead and follow the steps in this article :

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/13428/

Thank you!

• 3 hours ago, Sergiu C. said:

Hi, 

Indeed the issue of not being able to print through some canon printers, even with all Bitdefender modules disabled,  should be fixed. 

If this is still occurring for anyone else, please go ahead and follow the steps in this article :

Thank you!

Thank you Sergiu C and team, printer issue is now fixed for me.

• 3 hours ago, Sergiu C. said:

Hi, 

Thank you!

The Canon Pixma TS 6050 issue seems to be fixed (scanning and printing) for me. Thank you.

• Hi,

Still NOT working for my desktop. I am using Bitdefnder Anti-virus plus, no firewall module is enabled.

I can scan but still no printing even with the updated version 23.0.10.31

Any help appreciated. Thank you.

image.png.578006ac4ea3dfa75917fe47544818aa.png

• DAN57150
    DAN57150
    edited October 2018

Hi Chris

Build 23.0.11.48 should solve this problem ...

Dan

Capture.JPG.a0ebd0e5937efc6a4027d1c212b34ce9.JPG

• Hi Dan,

I have tried updating several times, not getting the latest update.  Is this the current version for 2019 Bitdefender antivirus plus, internet security or total security?

Can I just download the latest exe from Bitdefender and it will install the new version over the old one?

Thank you.

Chris

• DAN57150
    DAN57150
    edited October 2018

Capture.JPG.9ed84795431e61602ee785909e2cede6.JPG

You have to "force" the update

You choose  "uninstall Bitdefender"  

it will ask you if you want to reinstall.

Click yes and let things go

• HI Dan,

Good news this worked. Thank you for the assistance.

Chris

image.png.06e95d46fe1fdecd331aacb215d23da4.png

• Don't mention it.

We are here to help each other.

If your problem is solved everything is perfect !

This discussion has been closed.