Bitdefender Total Security profile settings revert on restart. Changing Power settings constantly.

This is driving me crazy and I cannot find help for this anywhere. Every single time I restart my PC the profile settings I have made are reverted. Heck, even when I make changes to the profile settings and hit the save button reopening the settings will show that they weren't even saved.

Game Profile is selected. Optimize Power settings is back causing my monitors to turn off after 15 minutes. Autopilot switch doesn't even work.

No amount of messing with settings is doing anything. It just reverts to its previous state every restart. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it. Nothing. This program is beginning to look more like a virus than an antivirus.

Anyone have any advice on how to proceed here other than to get a refund? I've had BD for about 6 years now and this is the first time it has gone full terminator AI take over the world don't listen to human on me

Here is a short video showing what I mean.

https://streamable.com/xvpkl

Comments

• What is your BD version ? If it's still 23.0.10.31 then you have to uninstall it (chose to reinstall BD). Reboot, then the BD agent will download the latest version for you.

• Its version 23.0.11.48.

Also would like to point out in the last couple of days the problem seems to have been fixed. So if this was with an update I thank the BitDefender devs for working on this.

• On 10/19/2018 at 6:56 PM, Rocksolid916 said:

Its version 23.0.11.48.

Also would like to point out in the last couple of days the problem seems to have been fixed. So if this was with an update I thank the BitDefender devs for working on this.

Hi, 

Yes, we did release some fixes related to this feature in the latest build. 

Thank you.

• I suffer a similar problem, since my "Antivirus" settings are reset after each reboot. 

• Hi /index.php?/profile/215232-morvotron/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="215232" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/215232-morvotron/" rel="">@Morvotron 

We would need several logs to be able to investigate this issue, can you send us an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com and I will let you know exactly what logs and information we would need?

Thank you!

• 14 hours ago, Sergiu C. said:

Hi /index.php?/profile/215232-morvotron/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="215232" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/215232-morvotron/" rel="">@Morvotron 

We would need several logs to be able to investigate this issue, can you send us an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com and I will let you know exactly what logs and information we would need?

Thank you!

Sir, I already have a ticket open via e-mail because my product won't even update, it's been like 3 or more days and still haven't gotten a response. Why would I get one now?

• 4 hours ago, Morvotron said:

Sir, I already have a ticket open via e-mail because my product won't even update, it's been like 3 or more days and still haven't gotten a response. Why would I get one now?

Hi, 

I replied to your ticket regarding the update issues. 

Please let me know if it'd be OK to also investigate the issue in this thread on the same ticket. 

Thank you. 

• 1 hour ago, Sergiu C. said:

Hi, 

I replied to your ticket regarding the update issues. 

Please let me know if it'd be OK to also investigate the issue in this thread on the same ticket. 

Thank you. 

Dear Sergiu, thank you for replying to my ticket. Update issue seems to have been fixed, and latest update seems to have fixed this configuration issue. Any further problem should appear I will be back asking for help :)

Thanks again!

• 9 minutes ago, Morvotron said:

Dear Sergiu, thank you for replying to my ticket. Update issue seems to have been fixed, and latest update seems to have fixed this configuration issue. Any further problem should appear I will be back asking for help :)

Thanks again!

Glad to hear that, thanks for letting me know. 

This discussion has been closed.