Scheduled Scans / Computer Wake Option

I am new to Bitdefender and have the 2019 Internet Security product installed on my Windows 10 (1809) x64 desktop.  Within Manage Scans, I cannot find an option to wake the computer to perform the action.  A forum search shows that in earlier versions of BD, waking the computer to conduct a scan was not possible.  Is the same true in the 2019 version?

Comments

• On 11/4/2018 at 2:12 PM, flyboy47 said:

I am new to Bitdefender and have the 2019 Internet Security product installed on my Windows 10 (1809) x64 desktop.  Within Manage Scans, I cannot find an option to wake the computer to perform the action.  A forum search shows that in earlier versions of BD, waking the computer to conduct a scan was not possible.  Is the same true in the 2019 version?

Hello, 

It's not possible at the moment to have Bitdefender wake the computer to perform a scan, however you could wake it up by creating a Windows Task: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/wake-up-computer-from-sleep-windows

• Thank you for that information.  I'll give your suggestion a try.

This discussion has been closed.

Featured content

bitdefender review banner

Ukrainian Government Websites Defaced in Massive Cyberattack

Hackers took down and defaced several Ukrainian government websites after diplomatic talks between Ukrainian, Russian and US officials reached a dead end on Thursday.

Read more

Top Five Security Tips for iPhone Owners in 2022

‘Less is more applies’ perfectly to exploits targeting iOS. They are rare, but can inflict major damage..

Read more

Critical Vulnerability in 3 WordPress Plugins Impacts 84,000 Websites

“Security experts last week disclosed a critical WordPress plugin vulnerability affecting over 84,000 websites"

Read more