Very poor design of Bitdefender Mobile Security Report

kfesm
edited January 2022 in Mobile Security

"Scanned blabla new app(s)... 1 of them was infected"

I want more details about what went wrong in my phone. How do I know what app was infected to avoid it in the future and tell to other people? It's a secret? Here it is a screenshot of Bitdefender Security paid version 3.3.032.612.

The second issue: Samsung blackmail us with the default integrated McAfee BS. This is a commercial abuse. I can obtain only "90/100 Excellent" because I disabled their AV crap but I have Bitdefender ON. I want Bitdefender to be integrated and recognized by the Samsung android 7.0 Nougat OS. Any thought about this?

Screenshot_20180913-231730.thumb.png.c078b7711e8681cc0965e39c7abae161.pngScreenshot_20180914-010701.thumb.png.26c6bb41a6d43c24e5dd6dc3737bfbcd.png

Tagged:

Comments

• Hi...I agree with you. I got the infected app message too and it is very annoying that they wont tell you what app app it was.

• On 10/22/2018 at 8:59 PM, ozziebear said:

Hi...I agree with you. I got the infected app message too and it is very annoying that they wont tell you what app app it was.

Hi, 

It should be fairly obvious when Bitdefender detects an infected app on your phone, as you will need to review and remove it manually, and you can also check in your Bitdefender Central account > Notifications as detected threats will also be there. 

I think what is happening here, is that you are experiencing a bug that causes the security report to wrongly report that there were infected apps on the device even though there weren't any. I've seen this issue before and it's been reported to our development team already. 

Thank you!

• Hi...Thank you for clearing that up Sergiu.

• Bartecki
    edited November 2018

Hi.

I have the same problem.

In weekly reports for period 12.11 to 18.11 there is an information: "Scanned blabla new app(s)... 1 of them was infected" 

and second info: "connected to unsecured networks" (I use bitdefender in another language and I'm not sure how this message looks like in english)

Both of these messages in "Weekly report" are without any detailed information, i couldn't find any detail in "Activity log" too.

It is unacceptable that the application to protect the phone does not allow viewing such important things as the detailed information about infected files or unsecured networks.

However, if it's true what said Bitdefender support :

On 10/29/2018 at 11:41 AM, Sergiu C. said:

I think what is happening here, is that you are experiencing a bug that causes the security report to wrongly report that there were infected apps on the device even though there weren't any. I've seen this issue before and it's been reported to our development team already. 

Then it means that the bug hasn't be resolved yet

• Hi, 

A fix was released for this issue in version: 3.3.042.720

You can check in the Playstore to see if you have the latest version (Open Playstore > Search For Bitdefender Mobile Security > on the app page install any updates that are available). 

Thank you!

• 4 hours ago, Sergiu C. said:

Hi, 

A fix was released for this issue in version: 3.3.042.720

You can check in the Playstore to see if you have the latest version (Open Playstore > Search For Bitdefender Mobile Security > on the app page install any updates that are available). 

Thank you!

Sergiu, thank you for info.

Updated to v3.3.042.720. The whole app screen design changed. Too white background IMO. Youngers don't care about. But the eye protection is important. Maybe next time we will see an option for black background. Much better for eyes.

• bdl
    bdl ✭✭✭

Black background! 

And web protection is not OK for p20 lite huawei

Turns off automatically

Please fix! 

• On 1/20/2019 at 7:20 PM, bdl said:

Black background! 

And web protection is not OK for p20 lite huawei

Turns off automatically

Please fix! 

Hello,

We suspect that the Web Protection keeps disabling due to built-in Huawei's antivirus which cannot be disabled or uninstalled. Thus, we recommend you to enable each time the Web Protection.