mapped network drive / blocked on startup

I installed bitdefender 2019.

When starting my pc  it blocks the mapped NAS drives. (see picture drives.png below).

When I stop the firewall and reboot everything works so the problem is firewall related.

I need to reboot for that to work so I assume thet the need for a reboot has something to do with creation of the the mapped drives on startup.

Implementing 

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/13428/

doesn't do anything as far as I can tell.

UNC paths don't seem to work either unless I disable the firewall.

Suggestions?

thx

drives.PNG

image1 bit.PNG

image2 bit.PNG

image 3 bit.PNG

Tagged:

Comments

• Turned off stealth mode: no result

.. a day further & no idea on how to solve this. The only workaround I found was disabling the firewall.

I was considering switching to bitdefender but this doesn't seem to be working... No responses either? 

• just contacted them... 

I'll post any relevant info here.

• Hello /index.php?/profile/215367-jadm/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="215367" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/215367-jadm/" rel="">@Jadm , 

Can you please let me know if, with the Firewall turned ON, you can access the network drives by IP directly? 

Thanks!

• If I use \\192.168.2.25\ as unc path, it works. 

• If I use \\192.168.2.25\ as unc path, it works. 

To be clear: it's a good workaround but I would like a complete solution :-)

• On 11/14/2018 at 10:08 PM, Jadm said:

If I use \\192.168.2.25\ as unc path, it works. 

To be clear: it's a good workaround but I would like a complete solution :-)

This is a known issue and yes accessing by IP is considered only a workaround. 

• I logged into the Forum to log the same issue. Basically have problems over WiFi at home, where the Firewall setting in the Network Adapters, the settings for WiFi is "Dynamic"; whilst when is Home/Office and have the Rules setup works fine.

• On 11/22/2018 at 2:29 AM, Velleda said:

I logged into the Forum to log the same issue. Basically have problems over WiFi at home, where the Firewall setting in the Network Adapters, the settings for WiFi is "Dynamic"; whilst when is Home/Office and have the Rules setup works fine.

Hi Velleda,

The Firewall should work just fine with the rules set to Home/Office and we recommend you to keep these rules.

• It does not work for WiFi. Setting for WiFi is "Dynamic" as I can be connected via WiFi in many places and not all them are Home/Office.

Workaround about accessing using IP address instead oc Computer name works, but is just that, a workaround, this issue should be fixed by Bitdefender...

This discussion has been closed.