How to disable SSL Scanning Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition

I have installed the Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition on my Windows 10 laptop and start getting SSL certification error using my Smart Card certificate in Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. When disabling BD, I can login to the website without any issue. With BD enabled I do receive the following error without the smartcard certificate password prompt coming up: 

Cannot securely connect to this page

This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner.

It appears that BD 'injects' its own root certificate which gets rejected by the secure website I am trying to connect to. 

I have already tried to exclude the websites domain, but this does not help. In the BD Antivirus security non-free version encrypted web-scan can specifically be disabled - where in the free version it can't. Is there a way to work around this or do I have to get another product? 

Comments

• This problem occurs with Firefox but not with Google Chrome. Avast Free also has no problems with any web browser that I use but I want a highly capable resource light antivirus and BD free fits the bill or at least I thought it did.

• It is hugely disappointing that Bitdefender Free shows such promise but fails at a basic level by being unable to process secure websites using the Firefox web browser. It cannot require much testing to ensure that this fault is discovered before releasing it to users?

• Hi, 

If you cannot view secure websites on Firefox, you can try the steps mentioned in this thread, to import the Bitdefender certificate in Firefox:

/index.php?/topic/80231-bitdefender-firefox-and-certificate/&do=embed" style="overflow: hidden;">

• This issue is not related to Firefox. I cant see most HTTPS sites with this bad Bitdefender Free edition on Edge, Chrome or Firefox.

• Guys I've the same Issue with All browsers and RDP as well, any advice ?

• Guys I've the same Issue with All browsers and RDP as well, any advice ?