HTTPS web traffic blocked after Parental Control enabled

2019 2019012021190001  but not having much luck

BD2019 installs fine

When I install Parental Control, then add a child - the laptop cannot access any https website (Chrome and IE).  Different user accounts have the same issue.

If I delete the child from the parental control, I can access https websites.

I have tried updating the certificates and turned off the encrypted web scan as noted elsewhere in this forum - but I'm not having any luck.

Does anyone have any idea what I need to do?

getting ready to find alternative parental control software :(

Tagged:

Comments

• adrianh
    adrianh ✭✭
    edited January 2019

I am experiencing the same issue.

After enabling Parental Control, creating a child profile and selecting the child's account on Windows 10 device, when I log into my (admin) account, browsing also blocked.  Only solution is to uninstall Parental Control.

• Follow on from above, any site I browse to says "Certificate Error"

++++++++++++

This site is not secure

... ... ...

Details

The website's certificate is not secure

Error Code: 0

++++++++++++

• Stopping and disabling the "Bitdefender Parental Control" services allows me to browse again without having to delete the child profile on central.

The issue definitely seems to be with the Parental Control that is "blocking" all browsing access across all accounts on the PC.

EDIT: Ticket to support has been logged and the data collection files have been sent to support.

• The issue details you have set out are consistent with mine.

I have not tried stopping the services, but found removing the device from the child enables browsing again... which is fairly pointless.

• I received a reply from support for my ticket.

Hello Adrian,

Thank you for your patience throughout this entire process and please accept my apologies for the frustration that we might have caused.

I have looked into the case and it seems that the situation is caused by an issue which has already been acknowledged by our development team. We are currently working on a fix which will be done by means of automatic update and won't require any additional action on your end.

We will get back to you with an update regarding the fix as soon as we have one.

Thank you once again and have a nice day ahead!

• Thanks for the update.  That is positive.  My ticket is still being investigated … :P

• Hi Everyone,

We've submitted this case to our dev team and will be contacting you back as soon as we have an update on this topic.

Thanks again for your patience and assistance with the analysis!

• On 1/29/2019 at 5:38 PM, Stefan I. said:

Hi Everyone,

We've submitted this case to our dev team and will be contacting you back as soon as we have an update on this topic.

Thanks again for your patience and assistance with the analysis!

Hi Stefan

Do you perhaps have any feedback regarding the parental control issue detailed above.

Thanks

• LOL parental control. !!!ELF!

If i ever had a kid, i would never let it onto my computer. Why using this stuff?????? Thanks for the laugh on the weekend here.

Regards,

DI

This discussion has been closed.