Recent Safepay "Webpage error"

camarie
camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
edited March 2019 in Privacy

Up to 23.0.11.85 unveiled an unfortunate assertion inside Safepay renderer process. The browser itself does not crash, but attempting to navigate to certain pages may lead to "Webpage error" displayed. The error originates in a recent Chrome change.

A fix was released in 22nd February 2019 (the product version remained the same AFAIK).

To verify if you have the fix, navigate to the installation folder usually (C:\Program Files\Bitdefender ..), find the libcef.dll file, right-click on it and check properties.

If the File version says 2019.71.3578.0128 (or 2019.71.3578.128), it is the one having the bug.

If the File version says 2019.71.3578.0220 (or 2019.71.3578.220), it is the one fixed.

Comments

• spiritorb
    edited March 2019

Just as a further note re Safepay, it has stopped working on Google Chrome V73.0. Safepay does not even show any notifications, nor does it even attempt to start. Works just fine on Edge browser! I think this is not Bitdefender per se, but is another MICROMANAGING attempt on Googles part!

• camarie

Well, I think it is a combination of factors. SSL interception is now off for Chrome and Firefox (I have to re-ask the team handling SsL scan again to be sure) for reasons outside Safepay. We (Safepay team) are in the process of finding an alternate, more standard solution which will not involve heavy techniques and - most importantly - will not upset Chrome guys. That will take some time, but be sure we will pick a simpler replacement.

• So,Bitdefender, are you going to fix this?? Why are users paying for a defective product?? We have been waiting too long for a fix! 

• camarie

SSL has been reenabled on Chrome AFAIK.

• Sorry, Bitdefender this is STILL not fixed in google chrome! Safepay does not even attempt to run! Works just fine on Edge browser! Honestly, you antvirus companies need to get together with chrome and end your war on third party add ons!