Dashboard notifications don't go away

I have a couple of recommendations from the dashboard, about updating Bitdefender, vulnerabilities (Windows and apps), file shredder and the profiles.

The issue is, even though Bitdefender is constantly being updated and all vulnerability recommendations are being followed, these recommendations in the dashboard do not go away.

image.png.2a248b0862c5a47d2d7e15594522ebe6.png

Tagged:

Comments

• 17 hours ago, ryspredator said:

I have a couple of recommendations from the dashboard, about updating Bitdefender, vulnerabilities (Windows and apps), file shredder and the profiles.

The issue is, even though Bitdefender is constantly being updated and all vulnerability recommendations are being followed, these recommendations in the dashboard do not go away.

image.png.2a248b0862c5a47d2d7e15594522ebe6.png

Hi,

We would like to investigate if this is just a glitch and if possible, please send us a Support Tool log at the email address bitsy@bitdefender.com.

When you generate the log, please make sure that you enable the option Reproduce this issue and that you try to update from the notification from the Dashboard.

How to generate a Support Tool log: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1733/

• Adikrishvara
    edited September 2019

I have the same issue.  Here’s what I do.  After the system is updated through its proper channel, perform a vulnerability scan task manually and the stubborn “Update Recommendation” will be gone.  In the meanwhile, the most annoying one is “File Shredder Recommendation”.  Each time when I open Bitdefender Internet Security to check the firewall traffic after reading, writing, or editing a document, “File Shredder Recommendation” will pop up.  It’s just like a crying baby that needs comforting.  I have to create a new folder, copying a document to put in it, running the file shredder to destroy it so that the bloody recommendation may finally disappear.  Then I ask the Bitdefender on my system, “I say, mate, satisfied?  Do you really mean to help all kinds of ransomware to save a big breath by recommending that everything be shredded, shredded, and shredded irreversibly?”  Fortunately, Bitdefender remains the status of a silent computer security guard on my system and I never go insane.  I’ve not heard any responses from it yet.  This is indeed a glitch.  Please fix it.

• Hello,

The situation appears to be only a visual glitch. I have sent the situation to our development team for further investigation.

• On 9/5/2019 at 5:33 PM, ryspredator said:

Hi,

We noticed on the log that the update requires a restart. Please restart your PC and let us know if you still receive the notifications.

• Recently I did get a notification about a relatively small product update which installed smoothly. I haven't seen the notification since.

• On 9/14/2019 at 2:50 PM, ryspredator said:

Recently I did get a notification about a relatively small product update which installed smoothly. I haven't seen the notification since.

Hello,

Thank you for the information.

• Hi, Like I said in a previous post, Fiel Shredder Recommendation still pops up.  Please check the uploaded video file compressed and divided into 8 parts.  Part one is coming up.

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=19510" data-fileExt='rar' data-fileid='19510'>Screen Recorded.part01.rar

• Adikrishvara
    edited September 2019

Wow, the forum system doesn't allow me to upload the rest of the files.  What should I do?  Sending the complete video to you at bitsy@bitdefender.com?

• 18 hours ago, Adikrishvara said:

Wow, the forum system doesn't allow me to upload the rest of the files.  What should I do?  Sending the complete video to you at bitsy@bitdefender.com?

Hello,

Yes, please send all the files and include a Support Tool log as well via email at bitsy@bitdefender.com.

• OK. Thanks.